Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos LS?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simajanpa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos LS? Reply with quote

So I saw a YT video from NAMM that the Kronos LS was supposed to be only for the Japanese market, but they decided to offer it in the US now.

It appears that it also has shown up in Canada....watched an un-boxing video.

Does anyone know when these will be available here in the states and what the street price may be.

I'm also interested in the Korg Vox Continental, that looks like an option too.
But I haven't heard anything about that one, price or availability.

Thanks
Paul
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos LS? Reply with quote

simajanpa wrote:
So I saw a YT video from NAMM that the Kronos LS was supposed to be only for the Japanese market, but they decided to offer it in the US now.

It appears that it also has shown up in Canada....watched an un-boxing video.

Does anyone know when these will be available here in the states and what the street price may be.

I'm also interested in the Korg Vox Continental, that looks like an option too.
But I haven't heard anything about that one, price or availability.

Thanks
Paul

I think there is some confusion.

I think we understood it was initially made available in Japan by Korg of Japan, who distributes to that region.

The expectation was that it would eventually roll out to other countries. There was a prototype at NAMM but it was not available for demo.

In addition, the LS should be on the Korg US web site. It is not appearing there, as of yet. Thus I am confused by your post about it being in the US.

eventually, when its available to US/Europe, we would see the email blast. It will contain pricing.

Does that help ?
simajanpa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: korg Kronos LS? Reply with quote

The Korg rep in the YT video that I saw said that initially the LS was just going to be marketed in Japan, but then they decided to also offer it in the states.

I know it's "coming soon" as they say, I was just curious if anyone had any further info on it yet.

Thanks
Paul
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: korg Kronos LS? Reply with quote

simajanpa wrote:
The Korg rep in the YT video that I saw said that initially the LS was just going to be marketed in Japan, but then they decided to also offer it in the states.

I know it's "coming soon" as they say, I was just curious if anyone had any further info on it yet.

Thanks
Paul

I've seen that video Korg rep indeed said it would be targeted for asian market scratched my head there until it was confirmed it would be for all markets.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: korg Kronos LS? Reply with quote

simajanpa wrote:

Thanks
Paul

ah, I get it. Its a promise.

you know how it works on the Internet. When there is something formal announced, it will get around the boards the same day
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS keybed Reply with quote

Is there any information on the actual keybed? Its not RH3 weighted, so is it the same as the K61 unweighted or is it somewhere in between?
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
simajanpa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS Reply with quote

My guess is that it is not like the K61, it will have the shape and size of a piano type key and not a diving board key.

Semi-weighted like the one in the Hammond SK1-88, which didn't have aftertouch either. Probably a Fatar product.

That's all I can throw out there at this point.

Cheers
Paul
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos Ls doesn't have after touch so I bet it will have a Krome 88 keybed
simajanpa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
The Kronos Ls doesn't have after touch so I bet it will have a Krome 88 keybed

The Krome 88 is a weighted keybed, the Kronos LS will sport a semi-weighted keybed. So it will be closer I imagine to the Hammond Sk1-88 that I had. I never read any good reviews of that Krome 88, so maybe it's a positive thing. We shall see when it arrives someday.

Paul
drama1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read its NOT coming to the USA. Hope that's not true, cause I'd like to check it out.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:
I've read its NOT coming to the USA. Hope that's not true, cause I'd like to check it out.

Even if it's not coming to the USA, if it goes to Europe it'll start showing up here. How much difference is there in British "English" and the real thing here in America? I think we'd be able to adapt.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
simajanpa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS Reply with quote

drama1 wrote:

The Korg peeps at NAMM said it was coming to the USA.

Paul
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos LS Reply with quote

simajanpa wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Paul

i think its a question of ' when '

we have to see pricing in the US. And the board has to be posted on the Korg USA web site as a product

Then there might be more lead time as they need to get a few boards to the key dealers in the US.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm digging the new wood end caps.
simajanpa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos LS Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
simajanpa wrote:
drama1 wrote:

Paul

i think its a question of ' when '

we have to see pricing in the US. And the board has to be posted on the Korg USA web site as a product

Then there might be more lead time as they need to get a few boards to the key dealers in the US.

I read somewhere that this new LS model will be priced the same as the regular 73 key model. That would put it at $3400 street, just $300 less than the standard 88 key version. I guess that makes sense, it does have the same guts as the standard one, just a different keybed.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: