Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg EMX rotary encoder problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
filipe santos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Korg EMX rotary encoder problem Reply with quote

Hi everybody.
I own a korg electribe mx and i've been having this problem with the rotary encoder that skips values and when you spin in forward the values go back.
I've done some research around the forum and found some people have had this problem with the korg esx.
Will this solution work on the emx aswel?

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74154

Any other help is appreciated.
King Duppy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, and the solution worked beautifully.

That said . . . before you go and take the entire deck apart, try only pulling the rotary encoder knob off and spraying some circuit board/contact cleaner in there to knock some of the dust off. (You'll have to remove that knob anyway to get the faceplate off). That may be all you need to do without a full disassembly.

Once you give it a spray, give the contact solution a few minutes to dry and then boot it back up to see if it's any better. If the encoder is still jumping around, then yes, opening it up and cleaning it by hand should work.
filipe santos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King Duppy wrote:
I had the same problem, and the solution worked beautifully.

That said . . . before you go and take the entire deck apart, try only pulling the rotary encoder knob off and spraying some circuit board/contact cleaner in there to knock some of the dust off. (You'll have to remove that knob anyway to get the faceplate off). That may be all you need to do without a full disassembly.

Once you give it a spray, give the contact solution a few minutes to dry and then boot it back up to see if it's any better. If the encoder is still jumping around, then yes, opening it up and cleaning it by hand should work.

Hi King Duppy.
Thanks for your reply.
I will see if i grab hold of a contact cleaner and try spraying it see if it does anything. If not i'll have to run the risk of disassemble it Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: