Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a Y-Cable. I have a connection question.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flux Cobalt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Using a Y-Cable. I have a connection question. Reply with quote

This might be a strange question.

Here is what I need help with. A basic understanding of how connections work with the use of a Y- Cable: 2 Male TS to 1 Male TRS. Here are the different connections I have tried.

Connection 1:
With the Y-Cable I plug both (TS) connecters into the Wavedrum (left and right) and the other end (TRS) connecter to input 1 on my audio interface. That connection sounds bad, it sounds very echoeeee...eee..ee.e with bad reverb and not very loud.

Connection 2:
I use 1 TS cable (TS at both ends) and connect the Wavedrum to my audio interface to input 1 and it sounds fine. It does not matter if I use the left or right.

Connection 3:
I use 2 TS cables (TS at both ends) and connect the Wavedrum to my audio interface to input 1 and input 2 (left and right) and it sounds fine.

There is no sound difference that I can tell between connection 2 and connection 3. I could probably just use one cable in mono mode I guess.

Connection 4:
Back to the Y-Cable. I can connect the Y-Cable from the Wavedrum to my ZOOM MS-60B or ZOOM B1 Four Bass pedal input and then from the pedal output to just the audio interface input 1 and it sounds fine. I tried this just out of curiosity for possible different sounds.

I just thought I would put this out there. Thanks for any help.
slug

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most common Y cable is an insert cable, and you would only need such a cable if going into a TRS stereo input (not TRS balanced). Stick with TS jacks at both ends in all other cases.
sefasd33

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i don't want to haul my mixer etc., i just run the outs of one into the acessory of the second drum.

can't remember where I found this monster 3.5mm to rca y cable. i just stick to 1/4" jack adapters on the rca Y ends and run them from the first wavedrum's outs to the second wavedrum's accessory stereo 3.5mm input. seems to sound ok. disco'd here

[/url]https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/289762-REG/Monster_Cable_126130_Stereo_Mini_to_Dual_RCA.html[url]

But i bet you can find them somewhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: