Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External Synth module control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: External Synth module control Reply with quote

I am sure that this one was asked many times, anyhow, I want to control an KORG M3M with a PA3x that is assign sounds from the M3 on the upper of the PA3x, now, how can I accomplish that? What I mean is to call up a performance on the PA3x and be able to change the patches on the M3,and not hearing the internal PA3x sounds, I think that's more clear because playing the sounds is easy.

thanks
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I guess nobody knows? or maybe you don't understand my question?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a "No Volume" sound configured for UPPER1 and simply match the MIDI channels for UPPER1 and M3M.
Disable program change - transpose and joystick etc seemed to work fine...

As for selecting M3M patches from the PA3X - hmmmm. not easy but simply playing M3M as UPPER1 works well - I do that now with my Kronos, Jupiter-80 and VR09.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Vangelismusic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how do I have a blank sound on the PA3x upper 1?is that what you are talking about when you say no volume on the upper? from the Pa3x?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just edited a SOUND to have no volume level and saved it.

I called my new SOUND "Korg no vol" and just use that whenever I want to have external sound connection.
I also set up a PERFORMANCE to use this SOUND.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy

(There are other ways to achieve this but this is what I do)
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but:

my configuration is like this, controlling a Korg TR Rack with my PA3X:

Connections PA3X midi out to midi in of the module.
Audio out of module to audio in of PA3X.

I use upper 3 in my PA3X to control the module. (In most performances/STS Up3 is muted by default. This is good, because tracks int/ext is default on Both for all tracks; not possible to edit this for all performances or STSs in one go).
In PA3X -> Global - midi setup I activate upper 3 channel, and match it with the module (module midi setting), both channel 3 (up to you to chose, as long as they are the same channel).

Now in PA3X, select a Performance that you want to use, go to menu, track control, and for Upper 3, set int./ext. (internal/external) to External. (By default it is set to Both).

For my TR RACK sounds I use midi-codes in my PA3X to select a Combi (or Program): tick the Upper 3 sound and type 000.000.000, 000.000.001 etcetera to select a sound from your module. (In your PA3X you can input this as 0.0.0 for instance, PA3X will automatically convert it to 000.000.000).
Then save your performance. Of course you can do the same in SongBook for an STS.

You can control volume, panning etc. of your module sound in your PA3X performance/STS (that is, for TR Rack this works OK; I've experienced some problems with other modules in the past).

Good luck, I hope this somewhat cluttered post can be of some help.

Play in style. Wink
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To create Blank Sound best way is go to Sound Edit, then from menu Sound Basic change Oscillators count to 1, then go to next tab OSC Basic and on High and Low Multisample assign set to Empty (in Pa3x is #830, last one).
Save to User location with name No Sound.
Now is you assign this Sound will be no sound on Korg but will sent Midi Notes to Out Midi Channel.
2-nd way to control only external device is in Style Mode go to menu/Track Control and you see how Int./Ext. is set, by default is Both, if you change for External, then you can set any Patch name you want, you will see something like: E:121.064,121, when you click you can any values (0-127).
Check with manual patch Control Change/Program Change numbers on your external device, first is CC#0 value, 2nd is CC#32 value and 3rd is PC value.
Now if you switch STS or performance on This channel Korg will sent Program Change message to your ext, keyboard and change for you and you don't have to worry about Korg internal sounds, will only control externally on this channel. Wink

I find some link may help you:
http://karma-lab.wikidot.com/korg-m3:controlling-m3-with-external-keyboard
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: