Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which midi controller would work best with the Kross?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sutekh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Which midi controller would work best with the Kross? Reply with quote

One thing I miss about the Triton is all the assignable controllers- the ribbon and knobs especially, which could be assigned to ADSR, cutoff and resonance, or any number of things. Since I got the Kross it's always seemed like it's full potential could be better unleashed with some more ways to modulate the sound in real time, i.e. knobs.

I know there are inexpensive midi controllers out there with lots of knobs, but are any particular ones recommended for use with the Kross?
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Behringer BCR2000.

It is very useful in a number of scenarios, and easy to set up for the environment you want.

One of the particularly beneficial things, if you are recording a MIDI sequence, is that you can send the BCR2000's MIDI Out B to the Kross's MIDI In (so that the Kross receives the Behringer's signals), send the Kross's MIDI Out to the Behringer's MIDI In (so that the Behringer's knob collars work) and send the Behringer's MIDI Out A to the rest of your rig (so that the external MIDI commands will actually drive your other synths). This way you can record everything you do on the Behringer in the Kross's sequencer while having it run your whole rig just as if you were running everything from the Kross.

The Behringer is also quite affordable. The only downside is that it is not battery powered.
Monokrome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ,
With the Behringer BCR2000, could I silence the tracks played in my sequences?
Could I control the values of the reverb and chorus, with cuttof and resonance filters?
Thank you
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.

You just have to set the knobs and buttons with the correct options.

The BCR2000 will do almost anything you want - it just takes some work ahead of time to set it up. But you'd need that for pretty much any MIDI controller.
Monokrome

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci beaucoup Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: