Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pamanager
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Korg pamanager Reply with quote

After some pushed threads... i would like to know what experiences Korg users have with previous versions of this software...

Does it add enough to warrant the costs?

(I am not interested in marketing talk, just honest user experiences please)
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may or may not know version 2.2 is still not 100% compatible with the Pa4x and even after various promises that the release of Ver 3 was imminent as far back as the middle of summer last year there is still no sign of it.

It not exactly a low cost either and taking into account that when and if ver 3 arrives there could be other issues to refine the software as to when we will see a fully working compatible version is anyone's guess.

Although the software is on my list I won't be hurrying to lay down money until we have what we need
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really angry with this software. After asking if this software was compatible with the Pa4x, I was told YES. Only purchase it and find it does nothing for the Pa4x. When I emailed the owner, all I got was silence. Complete waste of money. Let's see if this new release addresses the Pa4x compatibility otherwise I would stay away from this.
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like us PA4X owners do a lot of waiting around, it's like every where you go there's a queue.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pamanager Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
.. Does it add enough to warrant the costs?

It is a shame that Korg is handling single files as filetypes "set", that does not allow to simple use drag and drop of single files within folders like usually done with files on PC/Laptop.

A really successful solution for this also the Pa-Manager is not, as that software does not contain a spark of intelligence - not even includes a logic required by a simple conversion program as it is not necessary.

To easy separate and resolve the individual files from bank structure or reinsert isolated single files into new bank structures is not enough to warrant costs over 10 euro. I think if price would be demanded by euro 19, - that would be much enough for such simple software if at least a good service would exist for it.

Similar but much better software with some more intelligent features for organizing Pa-files was made 2004 to be used for previous Pa-Keyboards (Pa1x, Pa2x, Pa800, Pa500, microArr) from RicFreak.
It was called XRM1 as freeware utility and has been updated by MickB since RicFreak no longer - regrettably - did not actively develop it.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pamanager Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
After some pushed threads... i would like to know what experiences Korg users have with previous versions of this software...

Does it add enough to warrant the costs?

(I am not interested in marketing talk, just honest user experiences please)

Hi Bachus,
I bought this software on June 2015 for using with my Pa900 and It did the job well for me when I had my PC (Windows) and the cost was easily paid off,
it saved me lot of time to organize my sets.

But I have to agree with the anger of others members here with the dissatisfaction regarding incompatibility with Pa4X,
long wait for the release of the new update and personally angry that there is not a working version for Mac platform yet
and waiting about 6 months so far for their investigation about the problem.

FYI, I don't have any more any Windows laptop/computer so I cannot use this software anymore in my Mac until they will fix the problem.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUYS just wait 10 more days or so, and all you,r dreams will be true.

I can not say more, Please just let him finish the beta test and I promise you will be amazed!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pamanager Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Bachus wrote:
.. Does it add enough to warrant the costs?

It is a shame that Korg is handling single files as filetypes "set", that does not allow to simple use drag and drop of single files within folders like usually done with files on PC/Laptop.

A really successful solution for this also the Pa-Manager is not, as that software does not contain a spark of intelligence - not even includes a logic required by a simple conversion program as it is not necessary.

To easy separate and resolve the individual files from bank structure or reinsert isolated single files into new bank structures is not enough to warrant costs over 10 euro. I think if price would be demanded by euro 19, - that would be much enough for such simple software if at least a good service would exist for it.

Similar but much better software with some more intelligent features for organizing Pa-files was made 2004 to be used for previous Pa-Keyboards (Pa1x, Pa2x, Pa800, Pa500, microArr) from RicFreak.
It was called XRM1 as freeware utility and has been updated by MickB since RicFreak no longer - regrettably - did not actively develop it.

I would love a simple solution for that... allowing people to handle single styles.. witouth them being part of a set...
Stilli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Korg pamanager Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

I would love a simple solution for that... allowing people to handle single styles.. witouth them being part of a set...

+1
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Vex

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

I can not say more, Please just let him finish the beta test and I promise you will be amazed!

I will be amazed if almost all style edit options (and more) could be possible on pc AND MAC OSX ,so I do not have to edit style in DAW or record mode in keyboard... So far Korg Pa manager could do only noob stuff.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most of what i read are incorrect here.
Files are not open but they are not encrypted too.
They are compressed and no , the algorithm is not an open one, it is made by korg.So no you can't find any sequences in a HEX editor that simple.
Also kpm does way more than just showing what are the contents of a set.
You can add/remove/export samples and multisamples,edit the mapping of the sounds,copy sounds etc
Yes it has almost to do with sounds at v2.2 (last one) but that is going to change on v3 up.
To edit a style or do other style things there is a program called EMC styleworks XT ( i have used it only to convert styles between models so i don't know all that it does).
For me the price of v2 is the correct one as it has saved me way too much time to organize my sets.It does worth every cent of the price!
Feature wise ,v3 is going to be on another way higher level as far as i know.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it ,s going to open a new chapter!
Belive me!!!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Stilli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
To edit a style or do other style things there is a program called EMC styleworks XT ( i have used it only to convert styles between models so i don't know all that it does)....................

Has anyone else here had experience with this EMC software?

I see they do 'Style Factory' and 'Korg PA Bank Manager' too.

Are they any good, do they do things that PA manager cannot do, does PA manager do everything that the EMC stuff does?
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
To edit a style or do other style things there is a program called EMC styleworks XT ( i have used it only to convert styles between models so i don't know all that it does)....................

Has anyone else here had experience with this EMC software?

I see they do 'Style Factory' and 'Korg PA Bank Manager' too.

Are they any good, do they do things that PA manager cannot do, does PA manager do everything that the EMC stuff does?

EMC translates style formats from almost every brands... except Ketron audya format and PA4x format those are yet unsupported...

I dont think Korg PA manager translates any non Korg styles to Korg format... if they did, the price would be a give away
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

Well, it's been 10 days. Still no news on this software.

When will it be released?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: