Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Minilogue module version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Minilogue module version Reply with quote

Would love if Korg would do like they did with the Arp and do a Minilogue desktop module version that could have poly-chain settings to the Minilogue giving 8 voices!

There so much win possible there, those who didn't already have a minilogue would be a potential market along with the keyboard version and you still have a market to people who already had a Minilogue who just wanted to expand!

Being that it usually cuts the costs down when doing a module version, I bet it would sell like crazy, especially with the Minilogue being such a huge success(I LOVE mine).

I know Roland on the boutique line(not analog but cool) and DSI do this(polychain) with much success.

While you're at it at that time give the sequencer transpose ability like the monologue along with the poly-chain settings. Use the same pcb and it's a no brainer.

Just dreaming! If I had the picture editing software I'd do a mockup of the minilogue with the key portion chopped off lol similar to the arp module version.
HaydnS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Chop the keys off Reply with quote

I chopped the keys off my monologue
wasnt hard at all and well worth it
looking at the design im sure its possible on the minilogue too
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=108829
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AGAIN, that is so awesome. Korg PLEASE offer module version of the Minilogue that can be polychained to the keyboard version! 8 voice polyphony!

You did it with the ARP and the MS20(module versions).....extend that awesomeness to the Minilogue with a module version add the poly chain functionality and you simultaneously bring people on board who already have a Minilogue and bring folks on board who are put off by slim keys and with the usual price difference between module and key versions, it would be even more of a hit!

Seems like a no brainer! I guarantee you Minilogue owners would snap those up like hotcakes with polychain(DSI and Roland with their boutique modules are taking advantage of polychain functionality right now).

Great job HaydnS!
Esppse

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES YES PLEASE make a module for this.

Minilogue 4 Voice Analog Module sounds amazing to have.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minilogue AND MINILOGUE OR MONOLOGUE should be made to be poly chained same with Arp and Arp module.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA!!!! Someone did it:) Miss the wood paneling though, very cool!:

https://www.facebook.com/vanstands/photos/pcb.1798767593772772/1798767083772823/?type=3&theater

https://ask.audio/articles/heres-a-korg-minilogue-desktop-synth

video of it on his facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/vanstands/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: