Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another cool Minilogue video
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Another cool Minilogue video Reply with quote

Think this guy's video/description sums it up pretty nicely!

"I think people forget that the Jupiter 8, Prophet 5, and OBXa's they dream of owning require a lot of maintenance and it's not all fun. The Minilogue doesn't replace those legends, but for $500 USD, it really curbs the "need" for them if you're not some millionaire who can just buy expensive synths, drive a Ferrari, and go to the doctor. All but the last two sounds are of my own making since there are plenty of videos out there showing the presets without FX. Hopefully this shows that you can get Oberheim-ish or other vintage polysynth-ish tones as well as some new textures without breaking the bank. I ran it through my Lexicon for a a bit of chorus and reverb. Lighting is a bit awkward in this, as it was either I use my lamp or have the shadow of the camera looming over the front panel. Can we just agree that Korg has been killing it lately?"
atiredmachine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet. I need to give one of these a try!

I have custom patch banks (retro, vintage, lo-fi) available for:
microKORG - microKORG XL - minilogue - minilogue xd - monologue - MicroFreak
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this comparison.
Arp Solus and Minilogue

To me its like a boys choir compared to the more mature Arp but still sounds good!
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I like this comparison.
Arp Solus and Minilogue

To me its like a boys choir compared to the more mature Arp but still sounds good!

I know that video well, the filters sound pretty close in that example....the sound difference you describes is pretty much what you'd expect between a a polysynth and a monosynth. Yes it sounds very good! One thing I noticed is the Minilogue on a couple of those examples had less stepping in the filter than the ARP!

The ML has some very snappy envelopes....and the fun factor is pretty high! I wish it has more than 200 locations for sounds but that's tons more than the average vintage classic and those that have no patch memory/programmability at all!

I spent the last couple of hours playing and sound sculpting on my ML....made some AWESOME 80's style synth basses in unison mode(saw + triangle) with a tiny bit of detune on the osc and detuning the unison mode with a touch of crossmod and a fast closing filter with a bit of resonance and a slight bit of lfo on the waveshape at medium rate with very low intensity, a slight bit of pitch eg on osc 2 with sync on.....like super fat. In love with this synth! Will be happy when the OB6 module takes it's place next to it on the 3 tier of my keyboard stand;)

Again, loving the ML!

Have a new "friend" coming to compliment my Minilogue soon:) Soon it will be running though an Eventide Eclipse(will be my second, the other one is in my guitar rack)....having a fat lush chorus(like any good retro sound should have;) to split stereo/thicken it up and give some awesome ambience and much much more;)

Give the Minilogue the effects it deserves! I sometimes wish Korg would have put a fat chorus effect on the ML a la the Junos rather than the delay...but I've grown used to it.

Last edited by John01W on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
sutekh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video and great sounds! I especially like the swishy haunted music box sound at 3:42-3:54
The ML is amazing, it can sound so massive at times. If I had unlimited money for synths I'd buy a second Minilogue.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sutekh wrote:
Great video and great sounds! I especially like the swishy haunted music box sound at 3:42-3:54
The ML is amazing, it can sound so massive at times. If I had unlimited money for synths I'd buy a second Minilogue.

Yes it sounds great. Don't know what audience Korg were catering to with those factory patches...my preference would be 80's style, synthwave old school sounding stuff and that's what I program into it. Bread and butter classic sounds for hard rock/classic metal, and I totally agree the ML can sound HUGE!

BTW, I KNOW what you mean lol! If Korg makes a desktop module version and decides to add polychain funtionality(come on korg, even Roland is doing it with their little boutique faux analogs)....I will be unable to resist buying it(a second one is temping as it is).
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ain't no Volca lol Wink

sutekh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is the Master of the Minologue! Hard to believe it doesn't do splits and layers after listening to this (thru headphones while watching my Lava Lamp) Once I get PayPal straightened out I want to buy some of his patches
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I was 1/10 as good as the people putting up these videos. I would love a monologues someday.
bladuck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally against minilogue, after seeing kore-king and korg-chrome I got turned off by recycling ... but more and more I listen to this the more I like it.

BTW These videos are great, a lot has changed since radias days... Korg matured I suppose.

PS; I do own monologue and LOVE that little beast.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cool little synth for sure. Is there another polysynth out there that has the ARP filter? I don't think there is. It's pretty unique. I've seen a few owners of the original say it's sound really resembles a Jupiter 6 in tones(ML sounds a bit warmer to me from demos, but cannot say....never played a JP6).
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was set to buy one but the places I go to are all sold out.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up to many nice vids. I ordered one. And it is still backordered.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I give up to many nice vids. I ordered one. And it is still backordered.

Awesome! Congrats!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it and just starting to preview everything. Really surprised it sounds better then the videos. I started the manual will it have all the setting for each preset in it? I am curious where all the settings are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: