Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another cool Minilogue video
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Got it and just starting to preview everything. Really surprised it sounds better then the videos. I started the manual will it have all the setting for each preset in it? I am curious where all the settings are.

Great!, and the presets don't touch what it can do either IMO....wait until you dig in and start making sounds.

One tip I can give and what I think you may be asking, go to global settings/button 5/Parameter display and turn it to ALL.

Then go to Globals/Button 2/Knob mode and put it to catch.

Unfortunately the manual doesn't give all the settings for each patch and it's kinda hard to see what the settings for each patch is without an editor....you can use the settings above I suggested to knob turn and find the settings pretty easily though...

Another few suggestions, by default for some reason the LFO Key sync is set to on. I suggest turning it off right when you start a patch. Listen to the first PWM patch(i think it's in the second patch location) for an example of how LFO Key sync screws up the sound and makes it sound like a click(it's not a click, it's just the lfo resetting)....Turn LFO Key Sync OFF.

Program Edit/Button 3/LFO Key Sync...set it to off to prevent abrupt LFO resets.

Same place as above, put LFO Voice Sync to off to have 4 lfo's instead of all of the phase of the lfo's synced as one....unless that is what you want.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes I will set it up that way! That was what I was looking for. As to the LFO I was messing with it a bit it disinteresting and both useful and possibly damaging to a sound depending on your desires at the time. So far i have't really heard a bad sound but I have heard a couple i wouldn't probably use but I still liked. This was a worthwhile purchase for me, thanks for pushing me over the edge with the videos you enabler you! hahahahaha
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Thanks! Yes I will set it up that way! That was what I was looking for. As to the LFO I was messing with it a bit it disinteresting and both useful and possibly damaging to a sound depending on your desires at the time. So far i have't really heard a bad sound but I have heard a couple i wouldn't probably use but I still liked. This was a worthwhile purchase for me, thanks for pushing me over the edge with the videos you enabler you! hahahahaha

LMAO!!! You're most welcome! It's cool that they give you the option on LFO Key Sync, but by default IMO it should be set to off as well as LFO voice sync. That would be more like folks are used to.

All LFO VOICE SYNC(not talking about key sync) does when you turn it OFF, is basically give you an LFO per voice rather than the LFO's phase being synced for all the voices. Having them NOT voice synced can really thicken up/give more movement to some patches. There are times when you might want the LFO Voices to be synced though, so kudos for Korg giving the option.

First thing I do when starting a patch from scratch is turn LFO Key Sync to OFF

Again, congrats! The ML does some great filter sweeps and warm analog strings too...Go with a saw on osc 1 and square on osc 2 one octave higher(square will sound like it's the same octave set 1 higher than the saw)....close the filter a bit 89 is a good number with 4 pole, add a little bit of filter envelope on the attack...tweak the shape of the square osc to taste...put lfo to pitch/triangle/small intensity slow rate....add a bit of cross mod for a slight chorus effect(don't go too crazy).....detune the oscillators about 11 cents....set the envelope attacks a bit slower the rest to taste....pretty darn good! Add a bit of analog delay....

BTW, like any VCO synth....don't be discouraged when it goes out of tune when it warms up....I usually let it warm up for 10 minutes then do a final tuning(hold shift and push REC button)...then it's rock solid after that.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a good way to connect my Arp, Minitaur and Minilogue. Everytime I think I have time work gets in the way!

Warm up is no problem I a used to turning the minitaur on for 15 minutes before I even use it.

I'm making me some patch sheets with notes. for all three so I can create some crazy pads. I might need some vacation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: