Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New driver problems (minilogue)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElectRick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: New driver problems (minilogue) Reply with quote

When I first connected the minilogue to my computer (windows 7) everything was working perfect. I could find the minilogue midi channels (maybe because I already installed a korg driver for my MS20m - or i installed the driver and i forgot, but everything worked).

Now a few months later I wanted to install the sound librarian, and the new firmware update. Starting with the librarian (to first backup my patches). After install it could not find a connected device. So I thought I needed to update the KORG driver. So i updated the KORG driver - and now I also lost my midi channels (so now from my DAW I cannot select the minilogue midi channels anymore). Also the firmware update cannot find my device. I tried to remove the korg driver and reinstall, but i still have the same problem... No minilogue midi channels, and no device found when i want to update firmware or use the sound librarian.

Any idea someone what to do now?

Last edited by ElectRick on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows only supports up to 10 or so MIDI driver miniport allocations, so it won't see any port higher than 10. Just putting the same MIDI device into more than 1 USB port will use up one allocation for each port. The trick is to use the same USB port every time the device is uesd and to remove unused MIDI drivers. There is a Korg utility to do this, downloadable from the Korg website. The issue has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, so searching for it should yield several relevant posts.

Also see: http://www.korguser.net/html/Installation%20Manual/English/Installation%20Manual.HTM

Cenobite

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem just before this was posted.

I did the reply to this post, though I too was looking for the Minilogue.
It seems pretty easy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/2wtawg/help_korg_r3_usb_midi_not_working/
ElectRick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cenobite wrote:
I had the same problem just before this was posted.

I did the reply to this post, though I too was looking for the Minilogue.
It seems pretty easy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/2wtawg/help_korg_r3_usb_midi_not_working/

Tried this, I was able to uninstall two midi ports (from midi5 and midi6), and install KORG driver afterwards. But still it does not show up in my DAW. And I still cannot use sound librarian, or update firmware. The midi driver does show up now, when I choose to 'uninstall korg driver' - (midi5: KORG minilogue <Connected>)
ElectRick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Windows only supports up to 10 or so MIDI driver miniport allocations, so it won't see any port higher than 10. Just putting the same MIDI device into more than 1 USB port will use up one allocation for each port. The trick is to use the same USB port every time the device is uesd and to remove unused MIDI drivers. There is a Korg utility to do this, downloadable from the Korg website. The issue has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, so searching for it should yield several relevant posts.

Also see: http://www.korguser.net/html/Installation%20Manual/English/Installation%20Manual.HTM

I used the 'uninstall korg driver'-application to uninstall two midi ports (midi5 and midi6), and did reinstall KORG driver afterwards. But still it does not show up in my DAW. And I still cannot use sound librarian, or update firmware. The midi driver does show up now, when I choose to 'uninstall korg driver' - (midi5: KORG minilogue <Connected>)
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it looks like the driver issue is probably sorted, though to be sure, to be sure (doubly sure) go to the Control Panel, open "Hardware and Sounds" | "Device Manager," and check the "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" tab.

Are the MIDI ports correctly set? They should be something like:

MIDI IN - KBD/KNOB
MIDI OUT - SOUND

For upgrading the firmware, the Minilogue needs to be in Update Mode, achieved by powering on the Minilogue whilst holding down the "6" and "8" buttons.

If all else fails, replace the USB cable.

rsaintjohn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same problem that ElectRick is having has come up a few times over the past week, and seems specific to Windows 7 64-bit. It's not the same issue as Windows and the 10 MIDI device limit. It appears to be specifically related to the digital signature of the driver, and it's causing Win7 64 to choke.

Some people have gotten around it with a program called "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b", to force the driver to be accepted. But I think it's a bigger issue that Korg themselves need to address, so anyone struggling with this should probably contact Korg Support through their online web forms. KORG USA Support, at least, is fairly responsive. But if they don't know they have a problem, it will never get fixed.
ElectRick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
OK, so it looks like the driver issue is probably sorted, though to be sure, to be sure (doubly sure) go to the Control Panel, open "Hardware and Sounds" | "Device Manager," and check the "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" tab.

Are the MIDI ports correctly set? They should be something like:

MIDI IN - KBD/KNOB
MIDI OUT - SOUND

For upgrading the firmware, the Minilogue needs to be in Update Mode, achieved by powering on the Minilogue whilst holding down the "6" and "8" buttons.

If all else fails, replace the USB cable.

No it does not appear there. Like I said, it appears nowhere (not in the DAW and not for KORG firmware update or the Librarian). Only when I start up the 'uninstall korg driver' application, it appears: (midi5: KORG minilogue <Connected>).

Also not a USB cable problem. Tried to replace it.
And it worked until I installed the newest KORG driver.
ElectRick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsaintjohn wrote:
This same problem that ElectRick is having has come up a few times over the past week, and seems specific to Windows 7 64-bit. It's not the same issue as Windows and the 10 MIDI device limit. It appears to be specifically related to the digital signature of the driver, and it's causing Win7 64 to choke.

Some people have gotten around it with a program called "Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b", to force the driver to be accepted. But I think it's a bigger issue that Korg themselves need to address, so anyone struggling with this should probably contact Korg Support through their online web forms. KORG USA Support, at least, is fairly responsive. But if they don't know they have a problem, it will never get fixed.

Maybe you are right, the other methods are not helping! And I have a windows 7 64bit system. Just wrote them another mail. Tried downloading that overrider program, but my anti-virus program is not having it. I'll wait for KORG's response and ontherwise deactive anti-virus to try it that way. Thanks for the info!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to know about the Win7-specific issues that people have had and sorry if my suggestions may not have made best use of your time. I recently went through what felt like a bit of a battle, getting a Radias to connect via USB, having forgotten what it was I did a while back to make it all work in the first place. The things I suggested worked for me.

Good luck.
MycSee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, odyssey and minilogue with windows 7 64-bit ,none of it was a problem until I introduced the minilogue. The odyssey worked fine. I updated the driver to r14 and the whole thing took a complete s**t.....now NOTHING works. I've tried everything, all their utilities, reboots, Factory resets. 4 hours now I'm on this. I'm about to smash all of it.
MycSee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit F8 repeatedly on boot up and select disable driver signature on boot up. This fixes the issue for that session. And it will allow you to do the updates at least.
Boom-Q

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if this is the same problem, but when i tried to do the update, it said no midi port found, or something. here is what i done.

unplug usb. uninstall everything. check in control panel, uninstall the korg drivers.

in the start menu, there is a bit to uninstall midi ports i think.

uninstall everything. not just korg drivers (you ned to untick in box for that in options) make sure you get them all, there are lots, use the down arrow to see them all.

disconnect your internet so windows update can't connect. plug in usb. put in drivers, then install the latest update.
MycSee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that little socket tool Korg gives you, I tried all of it, the only way I could get it to recognize the hardware was to bypass the driver signature authentification in the registry. You have to do this every time you boot up. Korg doesn't have windows signature authentification in their driver for some reason.
When I upgraded to r14 driver it knocked out my Odyssey too.
mnx2010

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Driver Signature Reply with quote

rsaintjohn wrote:

I also have the same problem with win7 x64, it's not working !! The Minilogue is new, just from the box. With no Driver CD and no manual. It is all about to sparing costs, for a Microsoft Driver Signature. The problem here is the driver is add with some software in one exe file,
so it is not possible to install it in save mode.

Driver Signature off Windows 7 - x64 :

Start in Save modus or logged on as Administrator.
Go to Start Menu and type "cmd.exe".

1. Now type the following and press <Enter> after each line:

bcdedit /set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING ON

2. Restart your computer

3. This will disable your Windows 7 driver signing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If it doesn't work remove loadoptions with bcedit and switch testsigning off.

bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions

bcdedit /set TESTSIGNING OFF

-------------------------------------------------------------

Second,

Start gpedit.msc in sys32, if it's not starting, download :
add_gpedit_msc_by_jwils876-d3kh6vm

Copy file gpedit.msc and folders GroupPolicy & GroupPolicyUsers
from folder SysWOW64 to sys32.

User Configuration >>> Administrative Temp >>> System >>>
Code signing for device drivers
Click on Disabled, OK

But this is not working anyway, but effective if you only to install only the driver. So now I have a new device what's not working fully!
I love the hardware but the software sucks !
What can KORG do to help us out here? We need a new update with win-7 x64 support, before I go crazy !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: