Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Sundancer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: MIDI issue Reply with quote

Hi All !

I am new to these forums, as I just bought my very first Korg ( Yes, the Kross ).

This keyboard is awesome and I think I will need some time to discover all it's features.

I am running into a little issue with midi.
I installed drivers and editor. I am using FL Studio 11 Pro edition on a Windows 10 machine. The Kross is hooked up to the computer through an audiointerface ( Audiobox ).

Whenever I choose any plugins, like Alchemy Player or Omnisphere, the Kross lets me play them without any problems. But...when I pick the Kross editor it immediately says HARDWARE NOT FOUND.
The editor is not responding to mouse clicks.

Any suggestions are appreciated Smile
Dragan

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi George,

I had a similar issue myself, I think it has to do with the fact how Windows manages MIDI devices. Each MIDI device you install gets a consecutive order number, the last device you install gets on the end of the row. The Korg driver needs to be at the beginning of your MIDI devices list, because the plugin seems to scan just a couple of the first MIDI addresses, not all of them through.

I think the MIDI devices order list can be looked at within the Korg Driver Utility App, also the MIDI order can be manipulated & changed there. Please refer to the documentation of the Korg Driver Utility for details.

You can also try the standalone Korg Editor App which seems a bit more clever concerning MIDI scan than the plugin version.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
D.

Last edited by Dragan on Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragan

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing: how is your hardware connected? You said it's hooked up by an audio interface? Probably with an MIDI cable (circular connectors)?

It is best to use a USB cable between the Kross and your PC, the user manual explicitly recommends a USB cable not a MIDI cable. Please note that no sound goes over the USB connection, for sound you need ordinary audio cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: