Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pa2x sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
triton_lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: pa2x sound Reply with quote

Interesting experience today.

We have a small group, (drummer, singer, guitar and keyboard) and tonight we had a second keyboard player. He brought the pa2x and i used my old pa50.

All i have to say is ...wow!!! The pa50 buried the pa2x in many sounds in the overall mix!! Surprised

The 50 sounded bright, crystal clear, the 2x sounded muddy and weak. We both tested with flat settings in the mixer.

The strings, the pads, some saxes and organs, leads, flutes and bells were much more 'impressive' and had 'more air' and expression in the pa50.

pa2x piano was more close to the real thing, but lost in the mix, where the pa50 'fake' piano was super bright and blended nicely.

He really liked some of my sounds and we tried to recreate some of those in his keyboard, but the result was not as good as the pa50. Also some multisamples were missing in the pa2x Surprised

So, now i look at pa2x manual and it says: You can load Pa80/60/50 data exactly as if they were Pa2X data

Really? Exactly? Very Happy

I dont know what korg has changed (filters?synthesis?multisamples?) over the years but i'm glad i still keep my old arranger. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: