Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg MS2000B Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ova

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Korg MS2000B Problem Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

My MS2000B worked very well till tonight. Patches sound as they are supposed to for few seconds, then the sound is changing in a random way. The Original Value LED next to the screen is either blinking or off. When I change the patches, sometimes the sound is what it was supposed to be and some other times it's completely different.

The keyboard hasn't moved since the passed 3 weeks, not dropped or anything else.

What can be the cause?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The cause can be different things, e.g. due to age a broken component... Looks like the scanning of the knobs does not work decently anymore.
Get it opened by someone with sufficient experience or get it to your Korg dealer to see whether obvious things are faulty inside... Hopefully it can be repaired.

Good luck
ova

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your reply,

I opened it, looked with a magnifying glass for 45 minutes going one by one on each connection, found a cold (broken) soldering, on the second board. Since it's only holding with the back 6 screw, I guess with time and movement it gave away. I repaired it placed a sponge in between the boards to prevent any movement since there is no place to attach it on standups.

It works fine now.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: