Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dave Rossum's lecture with early Synth & Sampler history

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:42 am    Post subject: Dave Rossum's lecture with early Synth & Sampler history Reply with quote

Recently I went to this workshop/clinic type of event hosted by Perfect Circuit Audio in LA. I took some footage and cut it into a YouTube video. Dave Rossum 'inventor of SP1200, Emulator, Z-Plane filter...etc' had a very interesting story to tell. I knew some bits and pieces so it was nice to hear a fuller version from his perspective.

The 2nd part of the video is a full walk-through for Rosum's synth modules.

Here's the link, in case anybody wanted to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwk_VS17QYw

megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this. I love Dave's work, his way of looking at sampling is unique and it's always worth owning anything he's had a hand in. Wonderful to hear him tell his story.

Addendum:
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THIS!!!! You took some footage? Heheh, that's some footage you took.
I'd almost pushed the Assimil8or out of my brain for some dumb idea of making a DFAM killer, but that's a silly endeavor. I need to get back making the modular version of my e5000 LOL!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol! Glad you liked it! I didn't blink the whole time. I love his presentations. It amazes me how a non-musician can make some of the most musical instruments of the century. Like someone put it Dave is " Synth Hall of Fame" material, all the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: