Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Gone Quiet at Korg ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: It's Gone Quiet at Korg ? Reply with quote

Don't know about anyone else here but we have not heard much if anything from Korg about the Pa4x for months, a little over a year since this Korg PA Flagship was released we still are experiencing issues with the product and there has as far as we know been no further developments to address the issues which are documented throughout this forum, the general feeling by others including myself who are worried to update their OS for fear of introducing instabilities and the absence of any new styles or sounds even if they were chargeable.

There seems to be a lot of inertia over at Korg and as we have this forum where nearly everyone owns a Pa4x are gathered, you would think that Korg would find this facility to be an ideal medium for engaging with its user and customer base to inform and educate. As great as the product is it requires support in a number of areas not least keeping us in the loop rather than leaving us to keep second guessing.

When for instance will we see the next OS update ?

When will new styles and sounds specific for the Pa4x be released ?

Maybe one of the lurkers from Korg can backpass these sentiments along with other complaints to the powers to be with a view of reporting back to us all sitting with baited anticipation who are trying to use this product for a living
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Veren

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Just like with 3X and with all the topics on possible easy updates/upgrades to functionality.... nothing came

"Take the money and run" is not a new thing

I cant wait for when software can totally replicate/replace the arranger section

just my 2 cents
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veren wrote:
Hi

Just like with 3X and with all the topics on possible easy updates/upgrades to functionality.... nothing came

"Take the money and run" is not a new thing

I cant wait for when software can totally replicate/replace the arranger section

just my 2 cents

Try the latest VArranger2

It plays all brands styles and has special soundsets for Yamaha, Korg, Ketron and Roland. supports VSTi´s. Windows Only tough. Starts at 350 euro, with an extra 100 euro for each of the soundsets.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a touch of Industrial Espionage has korg completely preoccupied with a Major Update considering the rumbles coming from the yamaha stables ?? Or is this just wishful thinking ?? But that is how korg have left us to speculate which is still not helpful to those who are still struggling with there PA4X's or maybe they just don't Care??.......
Stilli

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, public relations and support appears to be non existant from Korg but I do wonder if they are aware of the problems users are having and whether they have actually reported issues directly to Korg and not just relying on this Forum.
Everything about this instrument seems to be moving very slowly.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange though, you'd immediately think that Korg should make themselves aware of users' problems. Then again, they've never been too accessible in years past on various models, yet it seems that they continue to sell comfortably.

What, then, to make of it? I can't come to any conclusion other than that they really don't give a rat's.

Were it not for the occasional appearance of Paolo on these forums, then there'd be absolutely nothing in the way of help from Korg. And I imagine he must be pretty frustrated in getting very little joy out of the very company he represents here.

No doubt, as usual, all this falls on deaf ears.
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from Paolo there are one or two others from Korg who stop by this whole forum and product specific staff who look at posts. The main salient points are that between Paolo and them how much of what gets targeted by us the users is digested and fed back to senior Korg managers and their developers. For sure any improvements move at such a slow pace as it can be likened to watching paint dry and then some. It seems to me that in the case of the Pa4x that it's so close to being a finished product why can't Korg throw some more budget and time it's way and finish the job?

By now there should be stability and we should not be hearing stories of frozen product which dents the confidence of anyone who has laid down their cash and who needs to appear on stage with it! I sense a lot of frustration with the users who are effected by this and while there will be situations of user error where it can be shown there are genuine errors Korg should be tackling them head on and as users we should be kept in the loop opposed to in the dark Sad
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hello KF.
To day i have seen a KB, Medelli, It,s not the best KB, but, for that money it,s really awesome, They also give users an PC/MAC style manager sound manager for free!
KORG, We really need this from you, not only From 3,rd part.

almost 3000 euros for Korg pa4X and nothing to make personal set files whit.

Even the display and the OS was amazingly better than 4X.

Sad
A-1000 is the model i have seen.

Google it pls.
Compare the screen and see for you,r self.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
...Even the display and the OS was amazingly better than 4X.:

Hi,

sorry, but regarding the display I fully DISAGREE with you.

A few month ago I had a visit from a "Fame 2000" User ( it´s the medellin Key in Germany ).
The display may have been a little bit brighter but not 50% as accurate as the PA4X display. And the PA4X display is much faster.

If the OS of fame is better... it´s a question of the point of view and what you were used to have before the PA4X Wink

By the way : My PA4X-74 "Musikant" ( 1.2.4 ) until now ( 9 months ) NEVER froze or something similar. It´s just working as it should ( mainly home-user, only 3 times on stage ). I did never use soundfonts etc, only a few midi and mp3-files.

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comparison of the medellin Keyboard or Fame 2000 is curious, a sub 350 euro product that sounds like a box of whistles imho. I can't see any remote comparison to the Pa4x screen or interface and personally not having pictograms of instruments on the display helps set apart the Pa4x from the competition and I am so glad Korg steered away from that type of interface.
I don't see that the Fame 2000 has anything to show Korg
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I domt think the pa4x touch interface is bad at all... If you want to compare it with other arrangers, check out the ketron SD7 and SD40 or the casio MZ-x both are innmy vision on par with the pa4x where it comes to functionallity...

Where it comes to modern interfaces on a keyboard, Yamaha montage owns the price of being the best, followed closely by the yamaha cvp 709..

Kronos touchscreen shows an incredible lot of information and detail, yet its just a tad to small... Wish the kronos had the same screen size as the oasys, would have made the interface a lot better..

I am still clueless why so many people overhere are so unhappy with their pa4x, sure it could have been better, but its still a great, and in my vision the best arranger key on the market...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
I domt think the pa4x touch interface is bad at all... If you want to compare it with other arrangers, check out the ketron SD7 and SD40 or the casio MZ-x both are innmy vision on par with the pa4x where it comes to functionallity...

Where it comes to modern interfaces on a keyboard, Yamaha montage owns the price of being the best, followed closely by the yamaha cvp 709..

Kronos touchscreen shows an incredible lot of information and detail, yet its just a tad to small... Wish the kronos had the same screen size as the oasys, would have made the interface a lot better..

I am still clueless why so many people overhere are so unhappy with their pa4x, sure it could have been better, but its still a great, and in my vision the best arranger key on the market...
I agree with you here BUT.... Excluding owners who are having trouble free motoring unfortunately there are those that are still having problems and you can not blame them wanting to highlight these problems, so confidence from these quarters are somewhat shaky to say the least but YES in one hand like many i love playing my PA4X and maybe i will drop a tune or two over on Paolo's thread but in the other hand I am with others unhappy with lockups / freezing and this frustration and anger is all under a controlled exterior and again i am sure this is the same for other also....So to help you understand this perhaps some closer study of the threads on this forum will help you to understand why some people are still unhappy at this present time ...

Last edited by D575 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop there guys!
I did not say The Pa4X is a bad KB, i did not compare like you think either !
What i say is 349 Euros KB, had a god Display and 3000 Euros KB stud have little better OS, Litle better Display, A Program whit it, So we can make things from PC/MAC

Yamaha Is Yamaha, And Expensive things there, But YES Best quality.

And yes ,I'm A Sound fixer, I must have My own samples , etc, It says it can Load SF files, YES but not the Data files, And not Multiple layers on the same time, So i may ask, WHATS THE POINT!

You can take any sf convert it to KSF and load it in,

Yes i like this KB, I just want more for what i love to do.
Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also wondering about Korg....do they really hear and tryin to solve those Os' bugs at least,or they keep ''take the money and run'' thing? At least spread the code to external programmers so they can fix those problems,and or create new things and softwares,and Os', even better ones,why not?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
mstodola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like the arrangers+Italy scenario I experienced before. General Music (Italy) acted exactly like this when I purchased their SK76 arranger. It was less than a year before I got the complete silence treatment. Now Korg and the Pa4x --- 3/4 of a year. WOW! I guess if something doesn't work or causes the Pa4x to lock up, you just pretend like it doesn't have that feature. I suggest going to the manual and crossing out those sections with a pen. If you have a Pdf editor you can edit or remove the pages that are associated with the troublesome features. At least then your manual will be up to date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: