Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MicroKontrol Cubase AI 8 - Mapping Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phaetonultra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: MicroKontrol Cubase AI 8 - Mapping Issues Reply with quote

Hello all - First time poster and a novice to the MIDI keyboard world.

My experience so far has not been great and i was hoping someone could help!

I recently inherited a Korg MicroKontrol off a friend. i hoped this could use this to supplement my guitar recordings and also allow me to have a 'splash around in the shallow end' of music production.

I excitedly plugged in the MIDI keybaord in and installed associated drivers and booted up Cubase AI 8. Sadly, the software only seems to recognise or 'communicate' with the device at quite a superficial level and only mapped out the MIDI note keys but the more advanced features such as the Eight encoders and trigger pads seem completely redundant on this software and don't seem to map.

The 'MIDI Device Manager' section offers seemingly tonnes of pre-set mapping installations for other devices but none for the Korg MicroKontrol.

- Has anyone made one that can be exported?
- Has anyone come across fairly simple instructions on how a beginner could manually programme these in?

I'm hoping I can make the most of these otherwise i might as well trade it in for a simple no frills keyboard.

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: