Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microkorg / logic pro PROBLEM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coconutter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: microkorg / logic pro PROBLEM Reply with quote

hello!

the problem is, that microkorg is not connecting with midi cables to Mac Maverick / Logic Pro. I can listen the music from computer, but cannot get the sound from synth to Logic. I am using software instrument, and using Korg as a midi controller.

There's no sound signal even coming. Something is wrong, but I don't know what. I installed the driver of the Tascam US122MKII from Tascam driver download page, but still not working. (yes, I chose the correct driver, that one for Mac Maverick).

Korg's knob is turned to Midi. And yes, the power is on.

HELP!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Mmh, it can be different things. Did you connect MIDI out from the mK to MIDI in of the Tascam?

I would first start by looking for a MIDI monitoring application on your mac. E.g. https://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/. Launch this application and hit some keys on the mK. If you see MIDI events passing by in the monitor, at least you're sure on the connection from mK to the Tascam and the driver installation of the Tascam. At that point in time the problem is in the proper setup of Logic Pro. You can then maybe come back here with some more info like the used interface (source) and MIDI channel.

Note, you don't need to put the knob to MIDI to have MIDI working. This is to configure the MIDI parameters. The mK will always send out MIDI events, no matter where the knob is put on.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: