Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERROR: Can't Overwrite The Device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synapticrelay

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: ERROR: Can't Overwrite The Device Reply with quote

New to MK and music production in general. I purchased a patch set that I liked and finally got a MIDI interface to download the patches to my synth, but whenever I try to write anything to the device, I get a dialogue box stating "ERROR: Can't Overwrite The Device". Looking into this issue, I see that historically this means that a new MIDI interface is necessary, however, based on the reviews of the MIDI device I purchased, it has functioned with other users' MicroKORGs. Because of this, and a perhaps unwise optimism that I won't have to buy yet another MIDI interface to get this to work, I was wondering if there's any diagnosis or fix that's not purchasing a different interface. Write protection is off, MIDI input is external.

My specs:
MicroKORG
MIDIPLUS 4x4 USB MIDI Interface
Windows 8.1 x64 // MicroKORG SoundEditor version 1.04
monomo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the sounds specifically made for the MicroKorg, and not the XL versions?
If they were created on the XL or XL+ versions, they might give that message when trying them using the original MK version.

I doubt that it is an issue with your midi controller though.
Try not using the midi controller, and just use the microkorg alone and see then.
synapticrelay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monomo wrote:
Are the sounds specifically made for the MicroKorg, and not the XL versions?
If they were created on the XL or XL+ versions, they might give that message when trying them using the original MK version.

I doubt that it is an issue with your midi controller though.
Try not using the midi controller, and just use the microkorg alone and see then.

The patches are for the MK, not the XL. The error also appears whenever I try to manually adjust a patch or add any that I have made outside of the patch set.

How exactly would I connect to my computer without the MIDI controller?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, recently there was another guy (http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52714) who also faces problems with the mK...
By coincidence, he is using a MIDIPLUS as well, but the 2x2 version. Not sure it is related though.

My advice would be to try another USB-MIDI I/F.

Bye
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: