Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What new drive would we like to be added in Kronos ??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: What new drive would we like to be added in Kronos ?? Reply with quote

Hello,
I red somewhere that there was no MOD-7 drive in the former Oasis. It has been added upon an update. So I suppose it'd be possible in the Kronos too.

It'd be nice too know what kind of new synthesis drive would you like too be added in the Kronos ?

(And I imagine we could send our wishlist too Korg, why not !!!)
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None whatsoever.

I'd prefer the KRONOS just died at this stage and KORG released a completely new workstation based on a 64bit OS which supports a truck load of RAM for streaming in HD-1.
Sharp
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh oK I see.

But it's not the point here. What you suggest is increasing the power. All in all it'd be a "Super HD-1". Why not, it'd be great. But it would be still the same kind of synthesis.

But if you'd want a completely new drive type in your next "SuperKronos" or whatever named, what would it be ?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
None whatsoever.

I'd prefer the KRONOS just died at this stage and KORG released a completely new workstation based on a 64bit OS which supports a truck load of RAM for streaming in HD-1.
Sharp

What an odd preference. Having a successor to the Kronos, as well as new engines for the existing module, need not be mutually exclusive.

I for one love that fact the Korg have provided five years of updates. It's made me confident in investing in the next generation.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Sharp wrote:
None whatsoever.

Sharp

What an odd preference. Having a successor to the Kronos, as well as new engines for the existing module, need not be mutually exclusive.

I for one love that fact the Korg have provided five years of updates. It's made me confident in investing in the next generation.

Well, getting up to 64 bit and a ton of RAM is a must have. Thats actually a minimum from a yr or 2 back . I think thats Sharps sentiment. I know its mine.
And the power has to make sense over the next 5 yrs given history.

anyway, if Korg is serious about a new w/s in the next year, all of these questions have been decided.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that the current hardware in the Kronos 2 **does** support more ram and 64bit... Sounds like we just need a new OS Wink
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh oK I see.

But it's not the point here. What you suggest is increasing the power. All in all it'd be a "Super HD-1". Why not, it'd be great. But it would be still the same kind of synthesis.

You asked a question and I answered honestly. I really do not care about other kinds of synthesis being added to the KRONOS.

I want a 64bit OS, which I know KORG will never release for the KRONOS, so I expect to pay for this in the forum of a new workstation.

The reason why I want a 64 bit OS is because a 32bit OS (what's inside the KRONOS right now)
cannot see more than 3GB of RAM. If it cannot see more ram, then HD-1 cannot stream more samples.

This to me is infinitely more important than anything else KORG could ever release for the KRONOS or in any future Workstation. The next workstaiton must be 64bit.

Regards
Sharp

Last edited by Sharp on Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on !!! But the Kronos already has the power to run 9gb single instruments with no latency issue. I believe Karma 2 and hardware based synthesis needs to be focused on. If you notice Korg's sample library isn't very big and new sounds from Korg themselves don't come out often. Either Korg is saving the new samples for the "Kronos successor" or selling a $250 sample is not profitable unless people buy it. I mean who wants to spend $5800 for all the samples available on Korgs website? Who wants to pay $500 for a string and piano sample?? Me me me... nope!

enigmahack wrote:
The thing is that the current hardware in the Kronos 2 **does** support more ram and 64bit... Sounds like we just need a new OS Wink
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see a dedicated additive engine.
I'd also like to see the forever classic MS2000/MicroKorg sound engine in my Kronos.
And some additional features for the CX3 engine to emulate vintage string machines.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Give me a kit to upgrade the hardware in my Kronos. Like Sharp said 64bit, lots of ram and the ability to connect either with usbc/thunderbolt3 an external display of my choice, supporting touch of course.

2 Build on the Wavestation section of the Kronos.

3 maybe a granular engine or just build omnisphere into it

Again I can dream.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
1 Give me a kit to upgrade the hardware in my Kronos. Like Sharp said 64bit, lots of ram and the ability to connect either with usbc/thunderbolt3 an external display of my choice, supporting touch of course.

Again I can dream.

looks like you might prefer a decent computer with VI's. I picked up a MacBook Pro very cheap, added 16 mg RAM and a 500GB SSD

I use Thunderbolt for an external monitor

Last edited by GregC on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Bertotti wrote:

Again I can dream.

looks like you might prefer a decent computer with VI's. I picked up a MacBook Pro very cheap, added 16 gig and a 500GB SSD

Just picked up a new maxed out MacBook pro got 700 for my old one! I am in the process of doing just that. Latest installed was OPx pro2, I love it but I won't give up my Kronos! KArp! Minitaur! because I just love the hardware as well and anything Kronos and these boxes can do inside I can save form doing in my MBP. But thats all besides the point, it was what I would like to see next in a Kronos and the upgrade doesn't really help the OP but it is first on my personal list the rest is valid for the thread. And omnisphere is on top of my current list of music things with Logic and all it has and the few other items I would never need anything else, well with what I have I don't really need it either. But like the OB6 I won't let that stop me. Very Happy
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
GregC wrote:
Bertotti wrote:

Again I can dream.

looks like you might prefer a decent computer with VI's. I picked up a MacBook Pro very cheap, added 16 gig and a 500GB SSD

1)Just picked up a new maxed out MacBook pro got 700 for my old one! I am in the process of doing just that.

2)Latest installed was OPx pro2, I love it but I won't give up my Kronos! KArp! Minitaur! because I just love the hardware as well and anything Kronos and these boxes can do inside I can save form doing in my MBP. But thats all besides the point, it was what I would like to see next in a Kronos and the upgrade doesn't really help the OP but it is first on my personal list the rest is valid for the thread.
3)And omnisphere is on top of my current list of music things with Logic and all it has and the few other items I would never need anything else, well with what I have I don't really need it either. But like the OB6 I won't let that stop me. Very Happy

1) you lucky dawg, you ! I could not foot the bill on a new MBP. I got a 2011 MBP from my generous mother in law. The 2011 MBP is ' open ' enough to load 16 meg ram and the 500Gig SSD.

2) what is OPx Pro 2 ? I am simple on gear. The Kronos mostly gets it done for me.

3) Same here ! I am dreaming the Spectrasonics stuff will go on sale. Keyscape and Omnisphere 2 are next for me.

I got impatient waiting for Korg to up their Kronos game this year. The VI's and other platforms are too good to pass up. And I need to get educated on other platforms.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg to keep from derailing the OP's question i sent you a PM.

But I would like to change my mind instead of the items I listed as engines above the OBx Pro2 would be a great engine in Kronos.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
None whatsoever.

Sharp

64 bit OS, with a modular synth engine... want HD1, you build it from the modular blocks.. Want AL1.. you build it... want a synth that combines a sample based oscilator, with a wavetable oscilator and a VA Sawtooth and 12 LFO's with sepperate filters for each oscilator...and then using the wavetable oscilator to modulate the Sawtooth, you build it...

With a kind of appstore, where everyone can sell, trade or offer for free their selfcreated engines and soundsets...

And Korg would offer new modules and stuff from time to time

strong quad core i7 inside or the AMD ryzen 7 (8 cores) with user upgradable RAM up to 64GB..

I think Kronos indeed is end of the line... They need something new and refreshing to build their next workstation... they also need to add a high end user interface on a 12"touchascreen, Kronos/oasys got a little dated... they can base most of the modules offcourse on the engines inside the Kronos and other stuff... Also i would like to see Karma 4.0 inside and 16 programmable drum pads... a sequencer based on ableton live with clips launching... and also an options to make those clips react to chord changes, much like the multipads of an arranger... and lights around the knobs and sliders like Oasys and Montage have... and top knotch studio and VST integration, with a dedicated VST host running on a PC controlled from the instrumetn

A long story.. but then one is allowed to dream... i think it would be a machine that could survive another decade, just like the Oasys Technollogy did... Starting as high end on top of the kronos, so not replacing it...

price... just under €5000...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: