Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick Kronos 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detlef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject: Joystick Kronos 88 Reply with quote

I want to play a sound on my kronos but there is no effect on the joystick.
I need the JS x/+/- function for a guitar.

Using other sounds it works. But I Dont know where i can activate this function.
Anybody who can help me?

My "Organ Museum":
Yamaha D-85, WERSI GALAXIS, WERSI HELIOS, WERSI SATURN
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Joystick Kronos 88 Reply with quote

Detlef wrote:
I want to play a sound on my kronos but there is no effect on the joystick.
I need the JS x/+/- function for a guitar.

Using other sounds it works. But I Dont know where i can activate this function.
Anybody who can help me?

Sometimes SW-1 or SW-2 are set to JS and ribbon lock.

SW 1&2 are the two switches below the Joy stick.
Try switching those to see if you get standard joystick function to return.

I can’t remember exactly how “JS lock” effects Joystick, but it seems it would stop Joystick from working, by holding joystick in its last value and prevent new values from entering, until you release the lock function applied by SW1 or SW2.
If you are in Combi mode, the midi filter page can disable Joystick per each program put in each timbre. Same applies to sequencer mode.

If you are using Karma, there are midi filters that Karma has that could be stopping JS midi message. I am not sure which midi messages Karma works with. Maybe all or maybe some.
Maybe Karma filters out JS assigned #CC and maybe not JS. But worth a look to find out for sure.

I can’t think of anywhere else, outside of global, that Joy stick could be altered from its normal function, and you already said it works in other programs, so that is not a global alteration to Joystick.
Detlef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Unfortunately its not the problem. I checked it.
There must be a possibilty to program the youstick
but i can not find anything in the manual

My "Organ Museum":
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not clear from the original post if this is a Kronos Program, whose pitch you're trying to control. If so, which Program is it?

If it's external guitar audio being processed through the Kronos, then no, there is no way to pitch bend that.
Detlef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

For example Evolving pad & Duduk from Kurt Ader
I bought the sounds last year
Maybe I will ask him if there are problems with his sounds.

My "Organ Museum":
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best to ask Kurt. It is quite surprising that the Program or Combi from Kapro doesn't use pitch bend, since pitch bend is normally quite an expressive thing. As a general rule, to get joystick X to produce e.g. pitch bend in a Program, it needs to be assigned to pitch, but the manner in which this is done depends on the engine being used; the way to do this in MOD-7 is different to AL-1, for example.
Detlef

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

Now I found it myself.
You can make your settings regarding to the joystick and pitch events under the osc register. There is a rider called OSC1 Pitch. There you can change the settings. The sound setting from Kurt was at "0".

It works also with other sounds. You can also define the intensity of the pitch.
So press global, take the 3rd register called OSC/Pitch there you will find these option...

Thx for your tipps !!

My "Organ Museum":
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem solved Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip on where setting can be found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: