Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No space available on medium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnrailton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: No space available on medium Reply with quote

Hi guys, sorry for the trouble. I'm getting "No space available on medium" when I try to save to the internal drive on my Kronos. Checking under the disk util tab it says total size = 54G, free size = 31G. Any ideas what I might try to resolve this?
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: No space available on medium Reply with quote

johnrailton wrote:
Hi guys, sorry for the trouble. I'm getting "No space available on medium" when I try to save to the internal drive on my Kronos. Checking under the disk util tab it says total size = 54G, free size = 31G. Any ideas what I might try to resolve this?

What and how exactly you are "saving" to the internal drive?
johnrailton

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: No space available on medium Reply with quote

Quote:
What and how exactly you are "saving" to the internal drive?

Ah, sorry for the confusion. What I'm actually doing is just audio recording and about 10 seconds after I start recording I get the message "No space available on medium" and then it stops recording and the only choice I have is to click OK in the message dialog box. I ran a hard drive check from the util menu and there were no errors.
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are few threads that deal with such messages
https://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19601
and particularly
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=90204
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medium could be RAM, internal disk or External USB connection.

I know in sampling mode i have the option to record to RAM, Internal or external USB connected storage.
I think Sequencer audio track is not connected to External USB and that leaves only internal drive and very likely RAM.
If RAM is an option there, you will have to check that it has not been selected. RAM is the one most likely to be short on space. And disk mode reads internal drive and External USB connection. You would have to go to Sampling or audio track setup options to look for where or if RAM is selected.

Sorry if it isn't RAM and audio tracks, i never use kronos audio tracks but instead use Sampling via audio page.
It just seems that Audio Tracks and Sampling share a lot in commom in terms of how they take in and store audio, being that i can do an audio track in sampling mode as a wave file and just move that to an audio track in sequencer. Sequencer requires files to stream from internal HD while Sampling can stream them from External drive and internal as well.
Seems they should both have the RAM streaming option as well.
Thats why i suspect your Audio track or Sample session is set to record into RAM rather than internal HD.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in Sampling there is the option to set the length of the Sample recording. Maybe a similar option in Audio track but not sure for lack of experience in Audio track.

Of course if you are set to short recording length, it doesn't give you a limited medium space warning when you use up the set recording time.
So that is not likley your issue, but is similar in that it limits how much recording you can do in one take. I thought it worth mentioning.
johnrailton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
very likely RAM.

You guys are awesome. Totally nailed it. Too many tracks on one song. I have 3G RAM. Will look to upgrade. Thanks for the help.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnrailton wrote:
19naia wrote:
very likely RAM.

You guys are awesome. Totally nailed it. Too many tracks on one song. I have 3G RAM. Will look to upgrade. Thanks for the help.

3gb is the max the OS can see, don't waste your money trying to upgrade.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnrailton wrote:
19naia wrote:
very likely RAM.

No need to upgrade and like enigmahack said, the overall system is limited to handling just 3gb.

No need to upgrade because the system lets you switch between storing in Memory(RAM) or Virtual memory(internal HD).
Find where the settings are to switch your recording over to internal HD and there you will have over 31gb of space as you mentioned seeing available in disk mode.
You have plenty memory and just need to switch to the storage option where you have it. Switch your setting from Memory to Virtual Memory and you will have much more space than you could ever have in upgrades to RAM.
wocongming

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject: always had it on hd Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
johnrailton wrote:
19naia wrote:
very likely RAM.

No need to upgrade and like enigmahack said, the overall system is limited to handling just 3gb.

No need to upgrade because the system lets you switch between storing in Memory(RAM) or Virtual memory(internal HD).
Find where the settings are to switch your recording over to internal HD and there you will have over 31gb of space as you mentioned seeing available in disk mode.
You have plenty memory and just need to switch to the storage option where you have it. Switch your setting from Memory to Virtual Memory and you will have much more space than you could ever have in upgrades to RAM.

now it wont RECORD AT ALL. the levels are find. the record starts and lets me play. but when i play it back, theres nothing there. help! anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: