Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Transpose Issue When Using External MIDI Controller

View previous topic :: View next topic  
troymott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Kronos Transpose Issue When Using External MIDI Controller Reply with quote

I have just started working with a cover band whose guitarists "tune down" a half step for the entire performance. I have learned (or already knew) all of the songs in the original key in which they were recorded/performed, so I use the transpose feature in Global Settings on the Kronos to adjust down the half step. I recently added a Korg RK-100S to my setup, and intend to use it on stage for a handful of songs at each performance, using patched from the Kronos via MIDI. The issue is that whenever I use the RK-100S to control the Kronos, the notes sound in the original key even though the Kronos is set to transpose down a half step in global settings. The RK-100S also has the ability to transpose, but when I use the transpose function on the RK-100S, it has no effect on the Kronos being controlled. If I use the RK-100S as a standalone unit, the onboard transpose function works fine. I've tried adjusting numerous MIDI settings in the Kronos to no avail. I'm sure the solution is simple, but obviously I'm too new to this game to figure it out, and our first performance is quickly approaching. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the Kronos convert position to Post MIDI in Global P1 MIDI settings.

troymott

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help, voip! I had been through the Global MIDI screens several times adjusting various settings, but for some reason missed that one. I appreciate the response!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: