Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Move Favorite tones into a separate bank?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Move Favorite tones into a separate bank? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to Krome. I need to use four different tones in a song (some from Combi, some from Prog). I need to find a way to separate those four tones into their own bank (like bank E), and use a foot switch to switch rapidly between them, during live shows.

Here are the specifics of my question. There are probably other Krome users facing the same issues.

1. Other keyboards have a "favorites" or "user" bank. Krome only has "A" - "F." So, what to do? If I over-write existing combi or prog tones from a bank, will they get permanently deleted from the synthesizer?

2. In one of our songs, I need to shift between some combi tones and some prog tones in less than 1/4 second. If I have to fumble around, manually entering something like "Prog C 053", I'll miss the train in a bad way. I need ONE place to store both prog and combi sounds. That seems like the only way to go back and forth instantly with a foot switch.

Even old Casios had a "favorites" bank. And my old Alesis (from 1999) had a "user" bank. It seems strange that a Krome purchased recently wouldn't have this basic feature.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
The best way is to copy your favourites Programs and favourites Combi in the same Combi bank. You can bring a program in the Combi using "Copy From Program" command:
Choose an INIT COMBI, open MENU bar and have the "Copy From Program" in the menu list. Confirm wit Ifx, Mfx, Tfx to sound the same. Save and Rename the Combi. Now your program is a combi.
Make a list with 127 single programs combi and favourites combi in the Combi Bank D. Sometimes could repeat the same combi to be near other combi useful in the song.
Opening the Combi Bank tab can see 16 combis in the same window. So easy to jump from Combi 0 to 15 for example. Touching the scroll arrow can change the window to see the combi from 15 to 23 and so on...
Work as a set list.
Hope this help.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PCG Tools you can easily move the programs/combi to a different bank to make you favorites easy to select.

See the link in my signature.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: