Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaossilator Pro+ midi out to Volca Bass midi in problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFavor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Kaossilator Pro+ midi out to Volca Bass midi in problems Reply with quote

When I use the midi out of the pro into the Volca midi in there is no clock sending to master the volca to sync with the Pro. All I am desiring is to have the volca follow the bpm of the Kaossilator. Please help. Is there a specific setting?
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the equipment you mention.
But I'd consider reposting this on the volca forum. You'll get more response hopefully.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KP3+ only sends MIDI clock in Internal sync mode, so if you have it in EXT or Auto, no MIDI clock data will be sent. Remember, if the KP3+ is set to auto, it will behave as if it's set to Internal if no clock is being received on it's MIDI in socket, but unlike in Internal mode, won't send MIDI clock out it's MIDI out socket. To change the MIDI sync mode, press and hold shift then press MIDI filter. This will bring up the MIDI modes, go to clock then select INT.

The Volca's all need to be in external/auto clock mod if they are to be synchronised to an external MIDI clock. If not they will not respond to start or stop (pause), nor will they run at the same tempo as anything connected to it's MIDI in. To change a Volca to external sync, turn on your Volca while holding down the "function" button. This will open global settings and I think it's step 6 which selects Auto or Internal (auto being the factory default).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Testing This Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: