Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Practice Keyboard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabasner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, All...

I'm really about ready to get my 'aux' keyboard, and after all the researching, and the advice I've gotten here, I think I really want to get the Kawai ES-110. So, now, If I get that board, which is a full 88 keys, and weighs about 26 pounds, has anyone ever had a keyboard of that size and weight and played it on anything other than a stand? I can see that I might get more mileage out of my lovely wife if I can find a way to play with it without a stand, either placing it across TV dinner stands in our family room, or, literally placing it on our bed and play while sitting right next to it. I know she'll be freaked when she sees the size of it, but I just wanted to know if anyone has ever played such an animal while NOT mounted on a formal keyboard stand. I don't think 26 pounds is overly heavy to lift and move around, though my disability (very weak legs and awful balance) might give me a challenge when trying to pick the board off of the floor and in essence balance it in my right hand, underarm, and get it to where I want to play it (bed, living room, etc.) Some days maybe the Kronos won't be so selfish, and maybe he will let the little Kawai sit on the Kronos' stand and use his speakers. But only if the Kawai is nice!! Anyway, has anyone tried to use their 88 key board in the ways I'm proposing? Or am I 100%, certifiably nuts, to even be thinking about it. If the latter, don't hesitate. Tell me I'm crazy to even ponder such a thing, if you really think so. Honestly I think a smaller stand would be best, but wife is very concerned about too much duplicative hardware being around.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want 88 weighted action keys and build-in speakers, the Kawai is a great choice. There are some lower priced options in a similar weight category, i.e. Casio PX-150 and Yamaha P-45.

If you might be okay without hammer action keys, you can also check out the lighter Numa Compact. The basic version has no speakers, but they have a new version coming out (the Numa Compact 2) which has speakers. Both still have 88 keys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: