Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The King is gone...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hendry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: The King is gone... Reply with quote

Long live Rock and Roll...

October 18, 1926 - March 18, 2017
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best at what he did. "if you had a different name for Rock and Roll it would be Chuck Berry" John Lennon.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favourite

Sharp.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the very few legends who lived their lifetime. ::RIP ::
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sad day, but lets celebrate his legay and everything he left for us.

However, the king died over 40 years ago... there was only 1 King, 1 Queen and 1 Prince... The King lived at Graceland.
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal Jackson died? Omg.. Rest in peace.. Sad I didn't know he played guitar.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

However, the king died over 40 years ago... there was only 1 King, 1 Queen and 1 Prince... The King lived at Graceland.

Chuck Berry is often referred to as "The King of Rock and Roll" and the post's subject title was to honor the Man and show respect.

I think it's fair to say there were several Kings throughout Rock and Roll living in different kingdoms in the timeline of its cause and effect. The evolution of Rock & Roll involves different groups of people that show what some people like... some people dislike even if they like the music. You don't have to be a historian to know in the 1950's hate and racial discrimination raged on violently. The division of color was such a major career obstacle that Chuck's publicity photos were deliberately underexposed to make his skin lighter. It is reported one Knoxville club manager that booked him would not let him in the door when he showed up despite a sellout crowd just because he was black.

And to be fair at this time black & white TV was replacing radio listening to music, and we all know Hollywood creates images to make money. Chuck Berry wrote Maybellene alone and it was a national hit in the summer of 1955, which puts it six months ahead of Elvis's recording of Heartbreak Hotel which Elvis did not write, with disputes on who did write it. The timeline shows a loud knock on the door before Elvis opened it with a lot of help and money backing him up. Elvis toured with the Grand Ole Opry while Chuck Berry was a lead act playing music he wrote himself. And originality is the true sign of the "King" moniker being referred to by the great musicians paying respect that say it.

Chuck Berry didn't play Elvis's songs, but Elvis played Chuck's songs along with many other people's music listed in countless Presley biographies. I'm not saying Elvis was not a rock star, I'm saying in my opinion he was the King of rock star tools used to break down the race barrier allowing rock and roll to be accepted by white people changing the idea of what music is... a true super talent that became very wealthy as a result of how he was managed and projected on TV.

Chuck Berry got ripped off by his first manager Alan Freed who claimed co-writer credit to cash in on Maybelline Chuck wrote alone, while Elvis Presley's manager Colonel Parker did the exact opposite by demanding Elvis receive co-writer credit on his popular songs. Again exposing a very talented showman and singer but nevertheless someone who was not an original song writer creating the music he sang. And that's the difference between them shown by how many times Elvis played Barry's Maybelline in concert. The sad fact is Rock and Roll needed a White King and Colonel Parker created one using Elvis's immense talent singing other people's music including Chuck Berry's. It's been noted often that the timeline credit here got reversed by the media and people's emotions.

Rock & Roll comes from "race music" better known as Rhythm and Blues with other styles mixed in and was very controversial in the 50's giving a new generation their own often unaccepted music style. And once an open mind was allowed in the studio door music changed forever and took off in many different directions. Soon the Beatles showed up who were Kings in their own right exposing the roots of emotion on an even deeper level through original recordings of a type of music never heard before, but having obvious roots in "negro music" as my mom called it.

This is an old debate exposing Chuck Berry was an older musician that could write his own music to create the first phase of the original Rock & Roll wave along with other influential black musicians that needed Elvis Presley to come along and make Rock & Roll accepted by main stream media.

I think John Lennon said it best:

"If you tried to give rock ’n’ roll another name, you might call it ‘Chuck Berry' ." as well as saying "Before Elvis there was nothing.”

And all I can add to that is in the phase timing of any information frame you couldn't have nothing unless you had something to create nothing... and in the timeline of Rock and Roll something came first…. and it wasn’t a white guy;-)
Kronos2ison

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel making a post about a person's death, online in a forum is a way to show respect. If you want to show respect? Jump on a plane and take a drive to his grave site. Idea
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:
I don't feel making a post about a person's death, online in a forum is a way to show respect. If you want to show respect? Jump on a plane and take a drive to his grave site. Idea

You should've got your plane ticket and left this thread alone! This got to be the weirdest post ever made on Korg forums! How did you even come up with this fine line?

psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the rock and roll history lesson, John. My respect for Chuck Berry is now higher. Early rock history is pretty interesting, with Maybelline (1955), Ritchie Valens' La Bamba (1958), Bill Haley, Everly Brothers, Little Richard, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc.

They broke a lot of barriers, paving the way for what we take for granted as rock and roll. Even death metal nowadays doesn't get as much slack as I imagine the early pioneers did 60 years ago.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Kronos2ison wrote:

You should've got your plane ticket and left this thread alone! This got to be the weirdest post ever made on Korg forums! How did you even come up with this fine line?

This sounds just like "someone else" that uses multiple identities that's been following me around the Internet for years claiming I cut and paste my physics posts insulting me and the people that step in challenging his off the wall attacks.

He'll set up multiple detailed identities each one different and form a "support group" to go after people playing mind games to insult people so I'd expect him to be here under several names by now and mentioned this well over a year ago after I tracked him down to Hobby King tired of his BS and exposed him on Hobby King as 'Pro Contributor Sawdust' and 'Pro Contributor Waterlogged' where he even had the HK moderators fooled helping them remove people using multiple identities.

He "blew up" emotionally threatening everyone when he was exposed as the same person and knew he would be kicked off the Hobby King forum. It caused the entire Hobby King product discussion forum to be shut down while the moderators removed all his posts going back years under various identities and ultimately ended the Pro Contributor system of being paid to help people. It didn't take long to find him using those two names so I suspect he was using other Pro Contributor identities as well the moderators became aware of.

People new to this forum just don't come off like that without a reason and looking at his posts shows he's trying to establish himself in a hurry under this name and his insult indicates momentum based on some past history and reminds me of an echo I've heard before. IMO of course... I'll ask him.
John Hendry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos2ison wrote:

Hay I see you got a Kronos 2 how cool, what's your serial number? Have you posted it on Karma Labs yet? Always good to post that just in case it gets "lost" if you know what I mean, that way someone can identify it as belonging to you. BTW... what's your real name?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hendry wrote:

This sounds just like "someone else" that uses multiple identities...

Wow John, this dude got some serious miles on him for a troll! Yeah, I just noticed his other posts. There's no way anybod's that stupid, so he just want you to know 'he's here'! Not that he won't be back with a new account again, but at least Mods can make his Korg forum life miserable! Sorry your thread got off-track a bit.

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Hendry wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Chuck Berry is often referred to as "The King of Rock and Roll" and the post's subject title was to honor the Man and show respect.

I think it's fair to say there were several Kings throughout Rock and Roll living in different kingdoms in the timeline of its cause and effect. The evolution of Rock & Roll involves different groups of people that show what some people like... some people dislike even if they like the music. You don't have to be a historian to know in the 1950's hate and racial discrimination raged on violently. The division of color was such a major career obstacle that Chuck's publicity photos were deliberately underexposed to make his skin lighter. It is reported one Knoxville club manager that booked him would not let him in the door when he showed up despite a sellout crowd just because he was black.

And to be fair at this time black & white TV was replacing radio listening to music, and we all know Hollywood creates images to make money. Chuck Berry wrote Maybellene alone and it was a national hit in the summer of 1955, which puts it six months ahead of Elvis's recording of Heartbreak Hotel which Elvis did not write, with disputes on who did write it. The timeline shows a loud knock on the door before Elvis opened it with a lot of help and money backing him up. Elvis toured with the Grand Ole Opry while Chuck Berry was a lead act playing music he wrote himself. And originality is the true sign of the "King" moniker being referred to by the great musicians paying respect that say it.

Chuck Berry didn't play Elvis's songs, but Elvis played Chuck's songs along with many other people's music listed in countless Presley biographies. I'm not saying Elvis was not a rock star, I'm saying in my opinion he was the King of rock star tools used to break down the race barrier allowing rock and roll to be accepted by white people changing the idea of what music is... a true super talent that became very wealthy as a result of how he was managed and projected on TV.

Chuck Berry got ripped off by his first manager Alan Freed who claimed co-writer credit to cash in on Maybelline Chuck wrote alone, while Elvis Presley's manager Colonel Parker did the exact opposite by demanding Elvis receive co-writer credit on his popular songs. Again exposing a very talented showman and singer but nevertheless someone who was not an original song writer creating the music he sang. And that's the difference between them shown by how many times Elvis played Barry's Maybelline in concert. The sad fact is Rock and Roll needed a White King and Colonel Parker created one using Elvis's immense talent singing other people's music including Chuck Berry's. It's been noted often that the timeline credit here got reversed by the media and people's emotions.

Rock & Roll comes from "race music" better known as Rhythm and Blues with other styles mixed in and was very controversial in the 50's giving a new generation their own often unaccepted music style. And once an open mind was allowed in the studio door music changed forever and took off in many different directions. Soon the Beatles showed up who were Kings in their own right exposing the roots of emotion on an even deeper level through original recordings of a type of music never heard before, but having obvious roots in "negro music" as my mom called it.

This is an old debate exposing Chuck Berry was an older musician that could write his own music to create the first phase of the original Rock & Roll wave along with other influential black musicians that needed Elvis Presley to come along and make Rock & Roll accepted by main stream media.

I think John Lennon said it best:

"If you tried to give rock ’n’ roll another name, you might call it ‘Chuck Berry' ." as well as saying "Before Elvis there was nothing.”

And all I can add to that is in the phase timing of any information frame you couldn't have nothing unless you had something to create nothing... and in the timeline of Rock and Roll something came first…. and it wasn’t a white guy;-)

I am sorry if i somehow insulted you or Mr Berry, but overhere in Holand i only heared of Elvis as the King of Rock and Roll, but its allways nice to learn something new.. thanks for taking the time and explaining why you think i am wrong..

Its very much appreciated..
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Mr Berry.
Inventor of rock and roll.

On an odd note, Chuck Barris ( GONG SHOW HOST) passed away within days of Chuck Berry.
Two Chuck B's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: