Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Pa4X new untold features

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Some Pa4X new untold features Reply with quote

- Toggle & Booking mode in switches 1-3 :
There was a reference topic about SW1-3 mode and finally found some time to investigate this.
I can confirm that for first time in PaSeries switches 1-3 can operate in 2 modes in Sound mode according to user needs.
While in Sound mode press menu/Basic/Sound/Sound Controller Mode /SC1 or SC2 click on "Booking" tab and change
it to Toggle or Booking.
All OSC AMS that are sent to SW1/2 controller will follow this mode.
Every sound can preserve switches mode Toggle or Booking in a Keyboard Set.

- After OS v.1.21 , you can use up to 4 insert effects in style tracks (FX1 or 2) plus 3 master effect (FXA) ,
totally 7 different effects per style !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
triton_lover

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another "untold feature":

AntonySharmman wrote:

1) more than 3 different muslisamples were resampled using the same source samples and all combinations were leading to the same
"phasey" sonic issue , that a user had complained about a month ago ... finally he was right !!!

Razz

I think korg should fix all the problems first, then introduce new features.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Some Pa4X new untold features Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
There was a reference topic about SW1-3 mode and finally found some time to investigate this.
I can confirm that for first time in PaSeries switches 1-3 can operate in 2 modes in Sound mode according to user needs.
While in Sound mode press menu/Basic/Sound/Sound Controller Mode /SC1 or SC2 click on "Booking" tab and change
it to Toggle or Booking.

I am impressed you did't noticed this feature, Antony!!

Best Regards,
Dimitris
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- "Triton lover" , I'm always fair when I notice that someone was right , but this won't change for commonly known reasons !

- Δημήτριε , I never read manuals and just expected such a great feature to be introduced by KorgPa ,
I think that we have to explore Pa4X deeper !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it supposed to turn SW green somehow? I din't save the Program,i guess I should just to see if it responds...

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Vex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Some Pa4X new untold features Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
it to Toggle or Booking.

- After OS v.1.21 , you can use up to 4 insert effects in style tracks (FX1 or 2) plus 3 master effect (FXA) ,
totally 7 different effects per style !

If I understood right, now SC keys 1-3 can be set to work like on Triton series? Not just as DNC switch for sounds but for ON/OFF switches for certain sound parameters (FX ,AMS etc... ?)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The function remains the same (Alternative Modulation Source) that can be assigned in every OSC property like Amp/EG/Filters/DNC
and can be enabled in 2 modes Toggle or Booking indivindually for every OSC and not just as a global switch on/off of a sound that
already exists for each sound in KBS (it can be used in any way with OSC programming though !)
Actually this is a feature for sound developers or advanced users (KorgPa sound developers rarely use it) and I feel very happy that exists !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: