Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3.1.2 update getting hung up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGoodhines

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: 3.1.2 update getting hung up Reply with quote

I'm trying to upload OS 3.1.2, and it keeps getting stuck on, "Updater Version 3.1.2". This last time, it was hung up for 90 minutes. I turned the Kronos off (no other choice) because I'm retiring in 14 years and don't think it will update by then. When it started up, it loaded 2.0.7-the last version I had in there. I thought it was going to be an unusable relic if I did that? Anyways, I need to get past this screen. 3.1.2 was found on the thumb drive, it just isn't completing itself. I have 6 new software titles to load after this...............
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asumming you unzipped the downloaded file to the root directory of a USB stick, I would suggest trying another USB stick that was formatted in the Kronos. You may also try the other USB socket on the Kronos.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally updated last night and had no USB interface device, so i had to go out to a pay-per-use internet lounge.
Computers were all in a foriegn language cause i am out of my home country. They said if they changed the language setting for me, it would wipe out their overall settings or memory. I doubt that ,but i made due with Spanish despite being not so good at Spanish, just enough to survive but not to thrive.

So the whole "Unzip" thing was nowhere to be found and i don't know what the word is in spanish. So i just tried Extraer which i assumed was extract, and then opened the file and moved it to my thumb drive.
Kronos sent error message. So i watched a quick youtube video and realized the sure way is to open the file down to the 10 individual parts and copy all of those individually but in a select-all copy move, and then paste to my thumb drive. I did an "Abrir" and then "Copiar" after a drag move to copy all individual 10 files at one time.
I made sure to also open each individual file just to see the contents were there. Of course not all could be read and one was empty, but they all had the required content.
Went home and did the software update routine and all went well.
Once it gets to the reboot screen, that is the sign that the system sees the files and is processing them in. If it gets stuck in that state, it should show what stage of the process it is stuck at.
"Verifying files" was the first stage and then it moves on from there.

See what stage it is getting stuck at. Of course once it starts the update process you should not be doing anything with Kronos, hands off until it is done and then the final stage says "Complete Please restart the system.
If you restart after "Complete" and the new system is not showing, then you may have real issues.

Issues could be as easy as updateing to an earlier version like 3.0.4 or earlier.
And then updating further from there. Even though you may be told the latest will update from any older version, it's not unheard of to need to update to something more recent before the latest version.

When i first got back last night from the internet lounge and put my thumb drives back into Kronos, they were showing up in disk but reading blank.
I was worried mad that the stranger computer wiped out all my PCG and backup files. I restarted kronos with the thumb drives inserted and all my files were then showing. So glitches do happen where a little backtracking makes a difference.

Don't give up until you try Updating to 3.0. If no luck with the earlier versions, then you have to consider maybe an issue with the thumb drive, and maybe even unstable power supply... Worst case will be requireing help on the technical side.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try updating to 3.02 then 3.12 also. It is an easy process and they are videos of how to update the Kronos if you need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: