Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EX's Gone? Reload From USB back-up?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: EX's Gone? Reload From USB back-up? Reply with quote

My EX's have gone missing. Are they on an old usb back-up. How can I get them back. Global load?

I see in Global that EX17 & EX18 are there (I think) how do I reload?
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the EXs still physically somewhere on your Kronos HDD?

In the Global P6 menu, are they still included as "Installed Options" and authorised?

If the answer is YES to both, you likely need only to add them again to your Autoload

If you do not see them in "installed options", delete possible their remnants on the Kronos, and reinstall them using the Kronos website install files, and re-register them with your codes

Hope this helps

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EX 17 & 18 should show in Options info of Global for K2. Also any third party sets you installed yourself.
Options info tab page will show installed and authorized EX that are outside of Preload EX libraries.

Preload Libraries will show in Auto Load and Sample Management.
"Preload" has EX ROM involved and has a whole list of EX libraries bundled to it as the factory set. You have to have those set up in auto load unless you have need to load up differently every time you powerup. No Auto Load equals not much loading when you power up.

Also, you need to have the files in Disk mode for anything to be able to load, even if on an external drive. I think i read you are having issues with copy and paste from external USB to internal where your internal is missing the needed files.
But you can manually load your PCG and KSC direct from External USB and then save it as a PCG with KSC to internal drive. A way around the copy and paste hang up.
I have a PCG file that has KSC files in the same folder, so when i load that PCG, KSC follows automatic. But i also have a PCG file saved ,that separated KSC and KGE into different folders apart from the PCG folder, but all those folders fall under the same file name as the PCG they go with.
So you may have to find your KSC folder and load that separately and you can even open the KSC folder to load each EX one by one so you can check each one in global mode "sample management" page before loading the next EX. That helps if you want to see a block by block set up. Even down to individual sample parts that come from a stereo pair sample, but that is too much work for me -to load each sample part- one by one.

Again, If you get KSC and PCG all loaded from External USB, you can save the result as Save all in HD internal to get around the copy and paste hangup you mentioned.

My kronos 2 froze on me while switching between HD internal and external. Also sometimes my External USB sticks show as empty and takes a while of changing modes and back to disk before they come through with the files/ data.
Ever since i updated to v3.1.2 os. My internal is fine and always intact files. One of two USB sticks i use is not always noticed by kronos and requires changing modes or restarting to get it to show up in disk mode, but not always this problem.
Kronos froze on me twice today and one was while in disk mode issues around USB stick and the other was after leaving it on for a while and finding it frozen when i came back. I don't remember what actions i made before leaving it on for hours and coming back to find it frozen. Maybe the dust cover i put over it nudged the problematic USB stick which has caused a freeze under my watch as i was in Disk mode trying to get it to read.
Ever since i updated to v3.1.2 a few weird things going on. Maybe i stuck my USB sticks in a dirty computer USB insert. Not my computer, one at a public pay per use computer lounge.

Any way, i hope your Disk mode gets sorted out and i think you may have an issue of a PCG file that has the KSC separated. Find the KSC file itself rather than the whole PCG and work with loading the KSC and then load the PCG on top of that/after that. Like i said, i have two PCG files where one has KSC in the same folder and the other has KSC and other parts separated into other folders such that when i load the PCG file folder, the KSC is not included.

Hope you find a solution somewhere if this isn't any help.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidentally deleted both EX17 & EX18, but that’s a long story. My K2 was shipped new with both installed. Both are listed in GLOBAL p6 as authorized. I’ll be checking later to see if my factory disks include 17 & 18, I think they do. I have printed the ‘INSTALL EXs’ info from the parameter guide. I’ll try a re-install later, hope this will get me back in business.
Thanks for your help. Can you suggest anything else; I don’t want to create a bigger miss than I have now. Gigging in two days.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Preload Libraries will show in Auto Load and Sample Management. " Nothing listed there. I'm sure the files are gone.

Also, someone must be having issues with copy & paste, not me. Thanks
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAhOIhO5g4 Will this procedure work for installing EXs 17 & 18?
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, Sharp's video is still valid

Reinstalling is the only option, if I understand your issues correctly

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
"Preload Libraries will show in Auto Load and Sample Management. " Nothing listed there. I'm sure the files are gone.

If contents are not listed in Sample management or any KSC view in Global, then your only option is that you have them somewhere in disk mode to then load as KSC files. External USB or internal drive of disk mode.
The You tube video covers Installation and loading. Loading is the last minute of the video. It shows loading the PCG file which is in a separate folder from the identically named KSC folder. Selecting Load for the PCG file brought up a dialogue box with option to include KSC in the load.
Right now, focus on KSC in your load process. Thats what ends up listing in Global KSC view.
I hope you have all your files intact somewhere in disk mode. You mentioned an external drive.
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
Falcon2e wrote:

If contents are not listed in Sample management or any KSC view in Global, then your only option is that you have them somewhere in disk mode to then load as KSC files. External USB or internal drive of disk mode.
The You tube video covers Installation and loading. Loading is the last minute of the video. It shows loading the PCG file which is in a separate folder from the identically named KSC folder. Selecting Load for the PCG file brought up a dialogue box with option to include KSC in the load.
Right now, focus on KSC in your load process. Thats what ends up listing in Global KSC view.
I hope you have all your files intact somewhere in disk mode. You mentioned an external drive.

I have KGE KSC SNG PCG & user samples files on usb. Do you think I should do a total factory reset or see if the EX files are loadable from the original disks?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:

This is NOT an indication that the files are gone - just that they are not set to load automatically (Auto Load) and not currently loaded (Sample Management).
What exactly did you do to "delete" the sounds?
Unless you deleted folders of files in Disk mode, they will still be there.

Falcon2e wrote:
Do you think I should do a total factory reset or see if the EX files are loadable from the original disks?

As noted in the manual, there are almost no circumstances in which you should do a factory reset. Seriously. Just don't do it, unless Korg tech support advises you to do so.

My guess is that the files are still on your drive, and that you simply need to load them again.

If you continue to have difficulties, I'd strongly suggest contacting the tech support department of your Korg Distributor, using the info in my signature.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dan, My problems started with a big mix-up with my samples. A lot happened yesterday, but I remember seeing a box that said something like ‘loading will delete or remove EXs’ and that’s right, proceeding was a huge mistake on my part.
Can you walk me through where/how to see if they might still be in the K?
Thanks
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Dan's post (hints) I opened Disk mode..clicked and opened "Factory" then opened "preload KSC". I DO see all the EX files. Should I load them? I'm a bit gun shy at this point.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Hello Dan, My problems started with a big mix-up with my samples. A lot happened yesterday, but I remember seeing a box that said something like ‘loading will delete or remove EXs’ and that’s right, proceeding was a huge mistake on my part.

My guess is that you loaded some samples with the "Clear All" option. That would un-load samples from memory, but wouldn't make any changes to either auto-load settings or to files on disk.

What happens if you just turn off the Kronos, and turn it back on again? If the sounds were auto-loading for you before, they should continue to do so.

Otherwise, you can certainly load them manually from disk, as you suggest, and/or add them to your auto-load.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I may be good to go. Things are back to normal with the EXs, but now my user samples are gone. I'll try loading them back later. Thank you VERY much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: