Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi in chord recognition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamiedean83

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: midi in chord recognition Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Recently got a PA300 and am trying to send chords via DAW, I've configured the Midi in channel to send to Global but as the manual says its used for chord recognition for auto-accompaniment which works but the input is sent to all keyboard tracks (Lower, Upper 1, 2 & 3), I only want the chords to go to the lower section am I missing something or is it not possible to do on the PA300 looks like the 600 has channel input for chord 1 and 2 rather than global - I'll be regretting my purchase if thats the case seems like a simple thing for an arranger ?
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For control chords you use channel in Midi In Control.
Example: you set there Ch 8, then set in DAW midi out to same 8 Channel, make sure on Korg in Midi In Channel same channel is not assign to something else, will work but will control both.
Also you can set to Global channel, but then will just do same as Korg keyboard, means Chords will working only below Split Point, unless Split Point is Off. Wink
Assigning to Lower is not controlling Chords, only Lower Sounds
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
jamiedean83

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I had issues with it triggering everything regardless of split but investigating a bit further it seems that its glitchy when using transpose (shifts above the split point - which makes sense but annoying when using the same octave for the lower and upper sections for different sounds!)
tacman7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your workflow, or what would you like to do?

Do you set your timing to the DAW?

I take a piano part then turn it into whole note chords. Sometimes I delete all the notes except the bass to get it to work right.

Then I send it to the PA. I have it set where it won't play the notes I send it, just use that info to guide the chords.

Usually I only want a bass part so I mute everything but the bass then play the part I need in a loop and audition different styles and instruments until I get what I want then make an audio recording in the DAW. Then I'm done with the PA. So you could do that for everything you need, drums, guitars, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: