Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New update?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konio124

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: New update? Reply with quote

Today on the facebook group Jürgen Sartorius published the information.

Quote:
MesseNews bez. Pa4X Musikant: großes Sound- und Style-Upgrade, kostenlos Ende April, Anfang Mai zum runterladen. Detailinfos morgen ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168042086574844/permalink/1423152971063743/?comment_id=1423160834396290&notif_t=group_comment_follow&notif_id=1491398660808567
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Measuring enews bez. Pa4x Musician: big sound and style upgrade, free of charge at the end of April, early may for download. More details tomorrow...

Just for Musikant I guess????

...but there's a follow up comment:-
Quote:
You can upload also on pa4x international the new upgrades that will come out to the end of April?

(Thanks for the link)

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing about a Working OS upcoming?
Do we have to wait until 2019?

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Asena Reply with quote

Asena
we don't have to wait until 2019 just wait for the Pa5x
I hope I'am wrong ,,
LOL Very Happy
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Asena Reply with quote

We have some more datails about New Operating system for Korg pa4x Musikant which is going to be presented on 2th of may 2017

What is new:
75 MB of stereo samples PCM + additional multisamples + drum samples
16 new styles
24 new sounds
12 new drum kits
Loads of Pads
Many additional songbook records

How do you like it?
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working Os maybe....?

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1

Working Os maybe....?

Yes +1
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Asena Reply with quote

pawlikp100 wrote:
We have some more datails about New Operating system for Korg pa4x Musikant which is going to be presented on 2th of may 2017

What is new:
75 MB of stereo samples PCM + additional multisamples + drum samples
16 new styles
24 new sounds
12 new drum kits
Loads of Pads
Many additional songbook records

How do you like it?

...only for Musicant version???
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Asena Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
Asena
we don't have to wait until 2019 just wait for the Pa5x
I hope I'am wrong ,,
LOL Very Happy

I think we can safely say that should Korg dump the Pa4x in its unfinished state and in effect dump its customer base that Korg would find it difficult if not impossible to make a business in the world of Arrangers loosing credibility along the way.

Personally I don't see them taking such a flawed strategy and believe that Korg will finally release the operating system that we should have had over a year ago, no word from the Frankfurt Music Show yet as to if Korg are going to release something for long suffering owners or if Yamaha have something in their stable which will threaten Korgs top of the line product.

Maybe no news is good news Rolling Eyes
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I understand what a passionate subject this is to PA4X owners, therefore I would be fascinated to know how Korg plan to deal with the situation, if at all !!

It's obvious the O/S has major flaws, particularly for the more advanced users. As a basic user, (e.g. some sounds, keyboard sets, songbook titles and playing a few basic tunes) I have never had the keyboard freeze on me or let me down in the nine months I have owned it. It's been an absolute joy since I got it and a breath of fresh air from the Tyros 5 I previously owned. Obviously there are many other PA4X owners that are in a similar position to me.

Despite that, the ongoing problems with the O/S are not what you expect from a company like Korg. Particularly in the way that they have dealt with the situation so far. 'Ignore the problem and it might go away' seems to be how they are currently dealing with it.

Korg know's that Yamaha will soon be launching the 'Genos' arranger (Tyros 5 replacement) which from a sales point of view could be a PA4X killer. Therefore Korg would hopefully come up with something as 'damage limitation' for when the 'Genos' is launched. Now it's far too early to replace the PA4X, whereas they could release new (free) software to breath some life into the keyboard.
When I listen to some of the superb registration software for the PA4X you can purchase by John Beesley and Pete Shaw here in the U.K. there is no reason Korg cannot do something similar. I believe Musikant have a new O/S in the pipeline with new styles, sounds, etc. Would that be too much to ask of Korg. Could they also sort out the current bugs in the software for our more technically advanced PA4X users.

Therefore, I am hoping that Korg will produce something on the software front but I doubt we'll actually see it until Yamaha launch their 'Genos' or whatever it will be called.

My youngest brother graduated in Mathematics here in the U.K. worked for a while as a systems analyst and around fifteen years ago worked freelance as a software engineer for Nat West Bank in the City of London. For this position he was paid a small fortune (in excess of £100 per hour).
He would be involved in all aspects of software. Software developers are essentially mathematicians.

I remember being at his home one evening and posing the simple question to him. What is it that makes software buggy, crash, etc.
His answer was the better the writing or coding of the software the better it performs. If the people writing the software are not experienced developers, coders, the higher the chance of the software crashing.
Make your own mind up about that one.

Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All things considered and like most things in this world this is probably down to money......we know korg are a small company compared to other big names and we also know korg are very good at punching well above its weight with most things it achieves and that is something we can see in many ways when considering the Pa4x excluding some of the negitve anomalys we have come to know with this keyboard.... so to me these problems need money to be released in its favour inside the world of korg which would allow the resource to fix and develop the PA4X as it should be and I feel this is probably some where closer to the truth otherwise we would not be reading and having these discussions on this forum and beyond.

Last edited by D575 on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
His answer was the better the writing or coding of the software the better it performs. If the people writing the software are not experienced developers, coders, the higher the chance of the software crashing.

Very true but the actual success/failure always falls back on integration and acceptance testing.
I can imagine how difficult it would be to test the PA4X after a fix - sure you can test if the fix worked but all previous testing needs to be repeated. The more fixes applied then the more complex the testing - particularly if a problem is found. This is why we will always be bombarded with Windows updates/fixes - it is an impossible OS to ever get perfect.
So, what might seem a "simple" fix could in fact be a nightmare to implement and test.

I don't agree that the PA4X has major flaws - it does have some problems for sure. My main concern is just not hearing about any development or if indeed there is any right now.
I would imagine that Korg throw a lot more resources (and money) at the Kronos and understand that the Kronos will actually make them more money.

But we are paying huge $$$ for the PA4X also and it would be great to just be re-assured that some work is being carried out to fix up those niggly little problems.

Hmmm "Genos"... you could be right - perhaps there is a delay to see what the other side comes up with.... I think that if the Genos is classed by Yamaha as an upgrade to Tyros then I WILL really have to apply for a second mortgage in order to get it. Tyros 4s are selling for more than new PA4Xs here Confused

I am anxious but still absolutely loving my PA4X - I've worked around the only bug that bothers me.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all due respect and I do respect every on here especially your good self karmathanever ... I'm not sure "niggly little problems" is quite how those suffering freezing /lockups/boot up problems etc would see this ...... Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure "niggly little problems" is quite how those suffering freezing /lockups/boot up problems etc would see this

Yes you're quite right - apologies to those suffering the frustrating freeze issues.

There still only seems to be a few owners with the freeze problems and I am still wondering if it is manufacturing batch related.
I don't necessarily mean a batch of actual PA4Xs but perhaps a batch of components which of course could be spread amongst any number of PA4Xs and at different times.
I wonder if Korg manage (specifically record) component sources and batches.

My only freeze up was due to some strange loading conversion my PA4X did from an older PA1X SET (aside from the "lock" freezing which Korg has fixed)

Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure "niggly little problems" is quite how those suffering freezing /lockups/boot up problems etc would see this

Yes you're quite right - apologies to those suffering the frustrating freeze issues.

There still only seems to be a few owners with the freeze problems and I am still wondering if it is manufacturing batch related.
I don't necessarily mean a batch of actual PA4Xs but perhaps a batch of components which of course could be spread amongst any number of PA4Xs and at different times.
I wonder if Korg manage (specifically record) component sources and batches.

My only freeze up was due to some strange loading conversion my PA4X did from an older PA1X SET (aside from the "lock" freezing which Korg has fixed)

Very Happy
And of course no offence taken and these are my thoughts as well ??....so I hope to here some news soon as I hope others will if they are pursuing these matters also Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: