Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New update?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozdaniel(AD)
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Well guys, this is not against any of you, And yes, There is several problems, AND NOW, i will explain it , Just give me some time to cool down after to nights show,
In several Sample based Sounds there is missing MS,s
Like this problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC1AnNXtXNk&t=106s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p08sesOmhM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk0I_tjDYmI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DTdWI6FWXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ps9_Gdsd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8H7u2ir9KM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxXSag2AZbg

I have more, But no one believes me, if you rely dig in it, like me and this guys in the videos, than you find them!

Sadly, i like KORG but common, OS OS OS!NOOOW!

1. In the first video, the 3 USER PCG uses the same KMP(Multisample) ... Not Bug.
I mean if we just used only one USER PCG with 8 multisamples, it is bug?!?! ...just kidding Smile
2. The second video, needs update to version 1.2.4...Bug Fix.
3. In the third video, needs Service ... Volkswagen recalled millions of cars in factory Smile
4. same like 3.
5. SET PROBLEMS...NOT BUG.
6. Any sound or empty location initialization, returns to the default piano OSC...NOT BUG.
7. It requires OS 1.2.4...BUG FIX
I respectfully say these;
I would like to buy an Airbus A380 but do not know what OS is and whether the company can update the operating system and how many bugs have!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
KORG Pa4x needs hands and head to lead perfect ... just my opinion.
I found a real "bug" in my Pa4x; I should think seriously study.
In May or June, will be a new OS(Pa4x,Pa4x Oriental,Pa4x Musikant)...KORG decided to put all the bugs back, until Yamaha GENOS(alias Tyros 6) come out!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
For me, KORG Pa4x(OS 1.2.4) it is the perfect machine to make my music.

Regards
Daniel

Last edited by ozdaniel(AD) on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Vex

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozdaniel(AD) wrote:

6. Any sound or empty location initialization, returns to the default piano OSC...NOT BUG.

OMG !!!! Deaf people are in charge... That's why some things are never fixed.

Have you tried to press random several keys no matter what keys or what sound is in MONO mode?????

Do you hear these strange "sounds"/sustains among (piano in this case) default sound???

At least you try to simulate this and THEN write on the internet.

If you do not know what this is about ,then do not write. You are making sabotage in this case and preventing from fixing things.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(This is regarding point & video "6" above)
Quote:
OMG !!!! Deaf people are in charge...

Not exactly - I tried this several times (not sure why as I can't figure why I would ever want to "play" an initialised sound configuration in MONO)
BUT, despite checking this before, I tried again today and whilst stupidly bashing several keys at once in MONO mode I did on one occasion hear something odd (not just my playing!!!) - of course constantly trying to play several keys together in MONO will sound odd too!!!

I have no idea what it means, whether it is relevant to anything UNLESS an "initialised sound in MONO using 1 OSC with one multisample and no other settings or effects" is what you want to perform with but then question why you would try and play a MONO sound in a chord-like fashion anyway.

So in summary, I did hear something a little odd on one occasion whilst trying this but wouldn't know how to re-create it nor really understand its relevance to SOUND creation.

Now unless I completely misunderstood the problem I found that the video did absolutely everything the same on my keyboard and hence couldn't figure out what the problem was.
Before I get a pile of abuse please understand that I am trying to UNDERSTAND the problem in order to help - and NOT to argue.
The only reasons I am on these forums is to learn and help others when I can.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to simulate problem at simplest way - found that " childish play" can reveal what I can face occasionally when I play some mono programs without portamento + legato ON. It was odd to me when sometimes hear some sustain notes without sustain pedal or similar settings (release, decay at + values)...and that behavior started to make troubles to my play ( not "childish play"- to be clear with that).Then I started to check programs where could be the problem and accidentally came to this behavior on early beginning - initial program, so I'll be patient and wait next update(s) to see respond from Korg... I know that this abnormal behavior wasn't present on older PA models.

I found so far several bugs on Pa3x and Pa4x that were confirmed and fixed... So all I can do is report and wait.

Cheers.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have in circulation for a year my commercial pack of Pa4X 800 Mb of custom resources under the most stable OS v1.21
and I can mention some tips for Pa4X users :
- What ever you develop (Sounds/styles) under Pa4X has definately no issues mono/glitches in Sound or KBS interface.
- Pa4X has extra legato articulation so older Pa3X sounds when loaded , will not translated properly and need recalibration ,
else above phenomenon will occur !
- PaSeries when load a KMP file , container metadata are read and if MS contains the already loaded samples , then those MS
will not be loaded (video case 1) !
If you manually change/edit samples of a Multisample and resave it under new name , MS container will not be updated and
this multisample will not be loaded separately but will be recognized as already loaded ! ( this issue already exists since Pa800).
- Never trust declared compatibility from previous models when major OS changes have been made.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Vex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About things that I'm writing, it is irrelevant if this is happening with user RAM or ROM data, situation is the same,checked several times.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Sound file metadata itself , no matter what MS is assigned , if loaded from Pa3X this can happen , especially when legato
options are involved , unless you edit it correctly !
If you face similar issues with Pa4X factory sounds , then publish sounds possitions and users will try to recreate it !

Pete the unusual in #6 video is the reproduction of other lower notes of OSC while not pressed , but this can't be
recreated in any factory restored Pa4X , at least not in mine , so I suspect keybed problem there !

As I've written in the past here in forum , I have seen in customers' Pa4X /3X , styles or sound banks to be disappeared or
do not respond , random OSC sound state , system files to be harmed , drum samples to appear looped causing noises and buzzes ,
"grayed' incomplete samples to struggle setup and all those were caused of "bad" SETs of previous Pa models or corrupted STY
files and 95% of them were Ethnic resources , where amateur developers field is huge ....

So before any of you suspect a bug , try first a factory restore , try to recreate issue strictly with factory resources and then speculate
or publish a potential OS bug , due to avoid arguing here !
It's better IMO , just to publish your problem and be sure that experienced members will point you to the real issue ! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
It's Sound file metadata itself , no matter what MS is assigned , if loaded from Pa3X this can happen , especially when legato
If you face similar issues with Pa4X factory sounds , then publish sounds possitions and users will try to recreate it !

Pete the unusual in #6 video is the reproduction of other lower notes of OSC while not pressed , but this can't be
recreated in any factory restored Pa4X , at least not in mine , so I suspect keybed problem there !

As I've written in the past here in forum , I have seen in customers' Pa4X /3X , styles or sound banks to be disappeared or
do not respond , random OSC sound state , system files to be harmed , drum samples to appear looped causing noises and buzzes ,
"grayed' incomplete samples to struggle setup and all those were caused of "bad" SETs of previous Pa models or corrupted STY
files and 95% of them were Ethnic resources , where amateur developers field is huge ....

So before any of you suspect a bug , try first a factory restore , try to recreate issue strictly with factory resources and then speculate
It's better IMO , just to publish your problem and be sure that experienced members will point you to the real issue ! Wink

Well Said Anthony !!!!!!!!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

I just checked video number 6..

You are trying to hit 2 notes at the same time while in mono mode? you know there can only sound one? i just think what you hear is triggering the upper note sometimes and the lower note other times, because you hit it a mili fraction earlier..

i dont think hitting a single note in mono will give this problem, will it?

I will check the other video's later...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

I just checked video number 6..

You are trying to hit 2 notes at the same time while in mono mode? you know there can only sound one? i just think what you hear is triggering the upper note sometimes and the lower note other times, because you hit it a mili fraction earlier..

i dont think hitting a single note in mono will give this problem, will it?

I will check the other video's later...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an Update from Korg today...

The May update is Musikant version only

Korg Italy plans a major update after the summer, probably September, probably depending on test results. This is not only a but update, but also a (major) feature update..

Personaly i am asuming its PA4x 2.0, and probably just in time to keep up with the Tyros6 release...
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bachus

Just interested - when you say "...update from Korg..." do you mean directly from Korg? or via a retailer? or what?

If this news is genuine then it is GOOD!!!

Thanks for the feedback

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Bachus

Just interested - when you say "...update from Korg..." do you mean directly from Korg? or via a retailer? or what?

If this news is genuine then it is GOOD!!!

Thanks for the feedback

Pete Very Happy

lets say i spoke someone from Korg yesterday..

I am not going to tell his name, knowing how restricted Korg is about leaks,
But i send you info about where this comes from in a PM..

So you can see for yourself if the source is legit..

We both know how these dates can be pushed back...
So there is never 100% confirmation about the date..
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An information for anyone who is interested what the new content of Korga pa4x Musikant sounds, please check below over 45 minutes movies with Jurgen Sartorius as a main role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJmUctXKq98
Snoopy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jepp,

Iīve been there when it was recorded...

To say it again : ITīS ONLY FOR MUSIKANT !

But after this you can see the LEDs of the 3 assignable buttons canīt be red only, they can light in green colour as well ( then the buttons work as a switch )Wink. Itīs NO OS Update, itīs built in in every PA4X, but simply not used so far...

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: