Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS OUTPUT PROBLEM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: KRONOS OUTPUT PROBLEM Reply with quote

hey guys i have an issue with my kronos 2 /61'key
when i plug in 2 unbalanced audio jacks my L/MONO channel loses almost 95% of the power or more and only my R/right output works
anyway when i pull out my left input cable like 3or4 mm out my left cable it works perfectly on stereo mode .
Hope u got it and i would apprecciate any help .
Thank you Wink
(P.S) i checked my audio cables and they are on perfect condition Razz
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OUTPUT PROBLEM Reply with quote

Klevi Shqopa wrote:
when i plug in 2 unbalanced audio jacks my L/MONO channel loses almost 95% of the power or more and only my R/right output works
anyway when i pull out my left input cable like 3or4 mm out my left cable it works perfectly on stereo mode .
Thank you Wink

that does not seem right w/ the Left.

I would borrow cables from a friend to see if you can duplicate the problem

Just for fun, try other Programs to see if its a global issue. Also see if you get the same result using headphones
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did all these things... on my hedphones its all allright . also it happens to all the sounds
if youre getting what am i saying .. 3 days ago it was all ok . then when i moved to a stage it gave me this problem .
as i said when both unbalanced jack are plugged in my left channel loses 95% of power .but the right channel it works .
when i connect them individually , one at a time both channels are ok ,
when i pull out my L/left channel not completely out but plugged half in ,in a certain position . stereo sound works correctly .
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something shifted out of place inside the insert holes. Also, I had similar issues with corrosion build up inside the insert holes or on the surface of the 1/4 inch plugs themselves. Maybe even significant moisture without corrosion yet.
The moisture and corrosion issue with my Triton extreme was always worked out with plugging and unplugging several times and even wiping the plugs inbetween insertions. Also i now make a habit of leaving my synths on when i am not playing ,whenever open to the atmosphere, even inside. Humidity changes are easy to miss and their tell tale signs show up in strange places.
So leaving it on while not in the case, lets internal electrical heat act to reduce humidity condensing inside. I set my auto-shutoff to 4 hours and let it sit minimum 4 hours idle every day while powered up. Mainly to deter internal condensation.

Moving to the stage could have changed the humidity and condensation inside or could have physically jarred internals loose, maybe even an insect got smashed up in there while nesting.

Definitely not a solution offered here -but just some things to consider when looking for what could be going on.
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about that and opened my kronos . i removed the output board . checked inside the jack holes and did not see anything strange ..
i'll try plugging several times the jacks and also will try to heat a bit with a hair dryer ...
thank you for the help Smile
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about that and opened my kronos . i removed the output board . checked inside the jack holes and did not see anything strange ..
i'll try plugging several times the jacks and also will try to heat a bit with a hair dryer ...
thank you for the help Smile
jones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: KRONOS OUTPUT PROBLEM Reply with quote

Klevi Shqopa wrote:
Thank you Wink

Freind gave me some deoxit, wipe or spray it on plugs then insert.
Gets rid of any green gremlins on jack contacts.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem could be a mute transistors. You need a KORG service.
Good luck,
Dan
adamburgess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're losing -6dB signal on one channel, it sounds like a pin is swapped on one cable or the device/channel you are plugging into.

Does the problem follow if you swap left and right cables? Or L/R inputs into your DI or mixer or snake?

Are both cables the same? Definitely both TS or TRS?

EDIT after a re-read::

AH, you want to feed a stereo (not really stereo, but 1 (ONE) jack to 2 (TWO) jacks from ONE jack?) That would explain a TRS halfway out to (maybe) 2x MONO TS Jacks or Phone connectors?

What is on the other end of your cables?
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i swap my cables it happens the same thing.
my left channel has the problem definitevely.
also my cables since i bought kronos are TS all sides. all cables ..
.i dont want to feed a stereo . leave all the cabling problems or anything as dumb as theese . my problem definitevely is on the kronos .
one at a time my chanels work perfectly on balanced or unbalanced jacks(TS or TRS )
When i plugg them both my left channel loses too much power .
but the strange thing is that if i pull 3-4mm my left jack(TS) al things are ok just like before .
I dont think its a moisture problem . or a output hole .
""" BECAUSE "".
My chanels work perfectly when i connect only one . no mater what jack (TS or TRS) both ways work perfectly...
Or side ( L/mono or RIGHT )
Im just going crazy about this because its a thing so rare that i dont seen it before in my life .:/
in my opinion its a output board problem but can you help me find it what may cause this ?
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i swap my cables it happens the same thing.
my left channel has the problem definitevely.
also my cables since i bought kronos are TS all sides. all cables ..
.i dont want to feed a stereo . leave all the cabling problems or anything as dumb as theese . my problem definitevely is on the kronos .
one at a time my chanels work perfectly on balanced or unbalanced jacks(TS or TRS )
When i plugg them both my left channel loses too much power .
but the strange thing is that if i pull 3-4mm my left jack(TS) al things are ok just like before .
I dont think its a moisture problem . or a output hole .
""" BECAUSE "".
My chanels work perfectly when i connect only one . no mater what jack (TS or TRS) both ways work perfectly...
Or side ( L/mono or RIGHT )
Im just going crazy about this because its a thing so rare that i dont seen it before in my life .:/
in my opinion its a output board problem but can you help me find it what may cause this ?
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you route the output to 1/2 or 3/4? In global? And select log)R bus assign accordingly?
Do the other ports exhibit the same behaviour?
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Klevi Shqopa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the other individual outputs work correctely also havemore db power than the left/ right chanels
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klevi Shqopa wrote:
no the other individual outputs work correctely also havemore db power than the left/ right chanels

looks like you have exhausted your trouble shooting. I don't recall other owners having an audio issue like yours.

Looks like its time to call Korg service or at least talk to them

Go to the Korg web site to find service cos by country
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid, all this points to some hardware problem.
Since you get some signal if jack is semi inserted, that likely points to the fact that the inverted stage for the balanced output is working.
It could be anything like a dried/loose solder joint to a blown component (transistor/op-amp) etc.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: