Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Class Action Lawsuit Against Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Class Action Lawsuit Against Korg Reply with quote

Since these various issues with Korg have been ongoing for 5 years now,I think it's about time we all ban together and take legal action against Korg,to force them to either address these issues and do a massive recall on the Krome,or at the very least,fight Korg to compensate every Korg user who has had to pay out of pocket to fix the Krome(even outside the warranty.)

Personally,at this point in time,I am willing to return my Krome for another one...but I suspect that these problems will continue,for as long as Krome is on the market and honestly,I don't know how this particular model has survived this long,as theses problems are very widespread,it seems.

I really cannot stand the thought of one day...having to get my Krome repaired outside of the warranty and thereby shelling out possibly hundreds of dollars for the fix,on an instrument that only costs just over $1,200.
MrRobertKrimson

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Korg Reply with quote

[quote="highlandstudio91"]Since these various issues with Korg have been ongoing for 5 years now,I think it's about time we all ban together and take legal action against Korg,to force them to either address these issues and do a massive recall on the Krome,or at the very least,fight Korg to compensate every Korg user who has had to pay out of pocket to fix the Krome(even outside the warranty.)

Personally,at this point in time,I am willing to return my Krome for another one...but I suspect that these problems will continue,for as long as Krome is on the market and honestly,I don't know how this particular model has survived this long,as theses problems are very widespread,it seems.

I really cannot stand the thought of one day...having to get my Krome repaired outside of the warranty and thereby shelling out possibly hundreds of dollars for the fix,on an instrument that only costs just over $1,200.[/quote]

Or you can do what I did: upgrade from a Krome 88 to a Kronos X 88. 😉
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see the point.

Class action lawsuits sound all great and stuff, but they're the kind of thing where five years later you maybe get twenty bucks back, and the rest of the money disappeared into the lawyers' pockets.

If your individual claim is supportable, and under some cutoff (I forget the amount) then gather your evidence and take the company to small claims court. Otherwise, you'll not be making any difference to your personal situation.
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Korg Reply with quote

MrRobertKrimson wrote:

Or you can do what I did: upgrade from a Krome 88 to a Kronos X 88. 😉

No actually,I can't upgrade....considerable difference in price,wouldn't you say?Also...how would I buy a Kronos X new?Aren't they not available anymore?It matters not,as I would be much more inclined to get the LS88...maybe some day....can't afford such heavy payments at this point in time.
Here is some great news! I am on my second Krome and this f**king sh*t-box is defective also.
The first one had that System Error 216 and now my current one,has an SD card read error(even without the card inserted) and my OS will not load anymore.
As much as I love the Kronos,I had read somewhere that an owner's Kronos display took a dump,after only 5 years and he had to pay out of pocket to get it replaced.
Spending thousands of dollars on a Korg and then having to pay out of pocket,just a few years down the road...is not appealing to me at all.

On second thought,I'm done with Korg and they will never receive any business from me again(this way,I can circumvent the aggravation of any possible future lawsuits.)
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
I don't really see the point.

Yes....I agree,I don't see any point either....as since there is a long,documented history of defects with the Krome,for people to read on the internet and those people go ahead and buy a Krome anyway,then they are asking for trouble.
That is really what Korg has degenerated down to; buy at your own risk.I have learned my lesson well and I will stick with my computer workstations from now on and never consider Korg ever again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: