Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ab double sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yakiramiller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Ab double sound Reply with quote

So I have had my Krome workstation 88 key for almost 3 years now. I haven't had any previous issues with it but now there is an Ab that plays twice when the key is only hit once. I really don't know how to explain it but it's like if I press it once it plays the sounds then plays a second time louder than the first. I don't know if the hammer is stuck or what but I'm not trying to send it off if there is something I can do to fix it first. Help PLEASEEEEE!
ggm1960

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the first thing to do would be try a master reset if you haven't yet. I haven't needed to do this with my Krome yet but in the manual there is:

"Initialization
If your KROME should become unstable, you can initialize it.
• Turn off the power, and then, while holding down the EXIT button and PAGE button, turn the power on.
The KROME will be initialized. While the data is being loaded, the display will indicate “Now writ‐ ing into internal memory.”
The resulting state will be the same as when Load Preload/Demo Data All is executed (see page 125)."

Of course you'd lose all your presets/combis etc. so you'd want to have all that backed up.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that the key contacts for the Ab key have become intermittent, for some reason. It could be through wear from use, through lack of use, or contamination by dust or other foreign material, or distortion of the contact structure. Close examination of the contacts may give a clue, but this will need the keyboard to be disassembled.

tookiet04

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo did it work? Initializing it?? Because I'm having the same problem and now it's starting to do it with my Bb key as well
tookiet04

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: