Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Usb midi, MicroKorg XL+ Sound editor misunderstanding !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misteryannis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Korg Usb midi, MicroKorg XL+ Sound editor misunderstanding ! Reply with quote

Hello Guys, i just install last drivers for my microkorg XL+ and the last korg USB midi driver but it doesn't work with my sound editor, midi is not recognized. Is there any way to have all my factory library on my sound editor using just usb cable ?

Thanks for your answers
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nope. As long as the korg USB midi driver does not recognize the XL+ and does not expose the MIDI ports, you'll not be able to export the programs.

Problems with the USB driver on MS Win machines is often that the already more than 10 MIDI devices were installed. You can search the forum for that (I could point you as well, later in time)

You can consider also a USB-MIDI cable and use the DIN ports on the board. In the editor you can use then auto mode or select the USB-MIDI cable yourself.

Typically the sound editor comes with a mkxlp_all file which contains already the factory programs. So no need to export them from the board.

Have fun.
misteryannis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, thanks a lot fo you answer and just to tell you that i finally manage to install my Microkorg xl+. On windows you have to install LAST Usb-midi driver (2020), then you have to run the uninstaller which shows you all the midi hardware connected. Don't know why but i have two instances of mkxl+, so i uninstalled all mkxl+ instances and reinstalled usb-midi driver. Seems to work fine with the editor, connection between both is good but now i have another problem with ableton :

I use external instrument to use my mkxl+, works well in mono (channel 2), but stereo (channel 3/4) doesn't work well, when i play a note, kind of louder sound comes. I am using an uad apollo twin and i think that the sound is played twice. One time in the external instrument and one time on uad console. And there is conflict between both. I tried to mute channel on my uad console plugin. but if i do that, i don't have sound. Do you have any idea ?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have no clue on your other problem. I don't know enough Ableton/uad apollo twin.
I just had a quick google on the audio interface and I can not link that with your statement 'works well in mono (channel 2), but stereo (channel 3/4) doesn't work well'.

For stereo, do you hook up your L and R outputs of the mKXL+ to line in 1 and 2 of the uad? (Because port 3/4 are outputs on the UAD).
Than it should be a matter of configuring in the plugin of the uad the same preamp/gain/eq... settings for both line 1 and 2. Probably there is even a stereo mode.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: