Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's finally done! My 80's/90's song pack + more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schmooster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! A lot of time and effort gone into those Sir! Congrats, well done and keep on going! Really excellent job all round, very professional. Wink
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This forum has literally changed my life, and I can't thank you all enough.

Launch day has gone so much better than I anticipated, things were actually... dare I say... Smooth?

For those of you that have purchased sounds/sound packs, if/when you get a chance to check them out, could you leave a review on the site? You can find the review tab under the performance pack page here:

I would immensely appreciate your support Smile

Look forward to a bunch more new sounds and products coming. Lots of free goodies, some paid but I just figured out how to add coupons... Which means I'll be getting some forum discounts happening soon too! So keep an eye out for that soon too!
NormC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is Wow! Great job. I played with it for hours and even though I can't play most of the songs I still enjoyed it. Sounds are spot on and now I need to add them to my playlist so I can learn the ones I don't currently play.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and wish you the best success for your site , since you're a talented
analog synth sound modeler and you deserve it !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
J.S. Bach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After your help with Uptown Funk, I will definitely keep in mind using your services for future songs.
Thanks, Jeff
holdsg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best of luck with the new site and phase of your career. I found your advice and help INVALUABLE!
Phinnin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I just bought the 80's pack as I know your work is always top notch!
NormC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Here is one I would like to figure out. I am not good with Karma or Arps yet. I would like to program this song with the arp through out and the synths.

The Fool - The Fixx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjp5UV_08Oc

Seems challenging to me.
johnnydr

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: can't log on Reply with quote

Hello Dave , for some reason I can't log on to your site. Any clues?

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to audora.ca was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: can't log on Reply with quote

johnnydr wrote:
Hello Dave , for some reason I can't log on to your site. Any clues?

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to audora.ca was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Was this just trying to get to the site or while trying to log in?

Did you try https://audora.ca/

Give that a try and let me know!
johnnydr

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing with that link Dave
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnydr wrote:
same thing with that link Dave

That's incredibly bizarre.

Can you email me a screenshot? dave.champagne1@gmail.com

I want to get this figured out since it's possible that you're not the only one experiencing the problem.

Thanks!
wheresgrant

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave... I was about to laydown $250 on the new Kronos Sound pack and instead I decided to trial your collection. LOVE IT. The sounds and FX are excellent.

I played in cover bands for years (previously w/ Tritons, M3's and Krome) and this is my first foray into using the Kronos. While I appreciate your dedication for breaking up parts during various parts of the recordings.... I'll probably play 1-2 patches per song for the essence. Any advice on navigating the multiple programs you put together. For instance you have 5-6 different patches for Living on a Prayer. I suppose I could create a combi with the few I selected per song?

2nd... any input on the KRS-07 sounds. Are they more straightforward than the programs you've created?

In any case I just want to say bravo and it was well worth the purchase. Wink
enigmahack
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheresgrant wrote:
Dave... I was about to laydown $250 on the new Kronos Sound pack and instead I decided to trial your collection. LOVE IT. The sounds and FX are excellent.

I played in cover bands for years (previously w/ Tritons, M3's and Krome) and this is my first foray into using the Kronos. While I appreciate your dedication for breaking up parts during various parts of the recordings.... I'll probably play 1-2 patches per song for the essence. Any advice on navigating the multiple programs you put together. For instance you have 5-6 different patches for Living on a Prayer. I suppose I could create a combi with the few I selected per song?

2nd... any input on the KRS-07 sounds. Are they more straightforward than the programs you've created?

In any case I just want to say bravo and it was well worth the purchase. Wink

Thanks so much for your feedback!

About songs like Living on a Prayer - The best bet is exactly like you mentioned which is to look at the parts and where you'd play them and then build a combi based on those sounds. There's a nice option when you're in the combi mode under the pulldown menu on the top right that says "Copy From Program" which will pull the program itself into the combi including insert effects and so on if you choose to do that.

From there, the only thing you'd need to do is set up your key ranges for the sounds you want to use and where to use them on the keyboard. The other thing you could potentially do is have a bunch of midi keyboards, and have a series of layers on different midi channels so that you're triggering different sounds from the Kronos on different keyboards. (So you have basically 1 combi with a bunch of layers of the sounds set up the way you want, and you're just triggering sounds remotely)

The KRS-07 is quite good. There are some sounds that are bang on, and then there are some that aren't. (I'm super picky when it comes to the accuracy of sounds however, and much of it is subjective) The Jump patch stands out to me as one that doesn't really sound like the album, but then other ones that are very much identical.

At any rate, I think the purpose of the KRS-07 is to give you some sounds that are similar to those on the album but they're not really geared to performing the entire song but rather giving you the starting blocks or quick access to well-known sounds. It's a different purpose than what I was aiming for, that's all.
wheresgrant

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave... curious question. When loading the Performance Pack or singular purchased sounds is there a way to chose the banks to load them in. I ran into a situation where I purchased the 80's Performance pack... loaded it and it immediate populated Combi- User Bank E and Prog Bank EE 000-119. Afterward I purchased and downloaded the single song "I Gotta Feeling" which populated Combi User Bank F 000/Prog User FF 000-002. But here is the peculiar thing... it changed/overwrote some of the Programs in the 80's Performance Pack. In other words I went to play the Money4Free OPEN (Combi User Bank E 000) and it had the Guitar from "I Got A Feeling" populating the 3rd Program in the Combi. There were others like Summer of 69 too.. it was redirected certain programs to User Program FF000. I was able to replicate this 4-5 times by reloading the Performance Pack and the Song Pack each time overwriting programs from each other Combi's. Make sense?

So my basic question is, when uploading your sounds into the Kronos, is there a way to specify the bank and locations you want to store them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: