Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M1 and WS Legacy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mellontikos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: M1 and WS Legacy Reply with quote

Hello people.

I have both the M1 and WS legacy collections. I have never really done anything with them except fool around and have some fun with the sounds.

However, I'd like to start working with them seriously.

Is it possible to select more than 1 sound at a time on these? I'm guessing they will work similar to the original keyboards (where you can play many patches at once only in Combi mode, and even then only route 2 FX to the whole thing?)

Or does the software override these limitations?

Also how can I load individual patches to overwrite patches I don't use? It seems that I can only overwrite whole banks, so I can open new bans, but have to sacrifice everything on that bank.

Any ideas?
Hyper5nic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original and VST-version of the Korg M1, allows you to build multi-sounds as well as assign to each sound a different region on the keyboard.

Also it's possible to assign a different MIDI-channel to each sound so you can even do 'orchestrations' if you're very creative. Wink

The Wavestation lets you either layer, split or sequence sounds you can then play from the keyboard. The VST itself is light enough to play multiple instances and have each of those be / mimic an instrument on it's own, and so you can compose a multi-wavestation song.

Past: Kaoss Pad 3, Roland SH-101, Korg X5, MS-20 usb-controller, Korg Electribe EA-1, Casio HT-700

The best is yet to come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: