Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 2 - What am I missing ??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

highlandstudio91 wrote:
benny ray wrote:
I traded my Krome in on a Kronos X in 2013. I had no issues with the Krome but the Kronos is just so much more powerful. Later updated to K288. For an all in 1 keyboard the Kronos is in the top 2 IMO.

It goes without saying,that the Kronos is much more powerful...but in my situation,it's probably best for me to keep my Krome,as it serves as a midi controller and the only keyboard I have...at the moment.
I may just wait until I can comfortably spend the necessary funds to have the Kronos(rather than returning my Krome,just to make it easier to make payments on the Kronos.)
Perhaps later in the year,there will be a Kronos LS 73 key...which will make it all the more easier to acquire a Kronos,without sweating my bills.
I am really undecided,at this particular juncture.....all I know at this point,is that I undoubtedly want a Kronos LS eventually and since it's brand new to the market,I got plenty of time to get one.

I don't know if you are song writer. Kronos is a fabulous song writing partner with many of us using the SEQ to the max. I am making up for lost time where I did not use the SEQ previously. I am starting to pull in VI instruments into the SEQ and its refreshing.

Everyone has a budget and obligations. I don't know what country you are in. Guitar Center periodically offers extended free financing and has significant promo coupons for purchases. These incentives might be enough to pull in a Kronos sooner vs later.

Everyday I spend on my Kronos is well worth it and rewarding. Not trying to sell you just sharing why I am enthusiastic as many of us are with the Kronos.
highlandstudio91

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

I don't know if you are song writer. Kronos is a fabulous song writing partner with many of us using the SEQ to the max. I am making up for lost time where I did not use the SEQ previously. I am starting to pull in VI instruments into the SEQ and its refreshing.

Everyone has a budget and obligations. I don't know what country you are in. Guitar Center periodically offers extended free financing and has significant promo coupons for purchases. These incentives might be enough to pull in a Kronos sooner vs later.

Everyday I spend on my Kronos is well worth it and rewarding. Not trying to sell you just sharing why I am enthusiastic as many of us are with the Kronos.

I've been a Korg user for about 30 years and have been a song writer for nearly as long and obviously,to anyone who is familiar with hardware workstations,most likely knows that the Kronos was specifically designed for songwriting.
Yes....everyone has a budget and obligations,but unlike most...I only make $11,676 a year(retired on disability)...so for me to even finance the Kronos,is a big commitment to live up to.
I do have the option to work part time to supplement my income and if I manage to land a job any time soon,then there will be no debate whatsoever...about me purchasing a Kronos soon-ish.
As for GuitarCenter,you have to have near perfect credit,to qualify for their store credit card(of which,I do not have.)
The thing is,I love my Krome Platinum 73 and it serves a real purpose...so ideally,I want to keep the Krome AND eventually have the Kronos as well.I have 2 computers,so I need 2 keyboards anyway(& although there are many choices out there for midi controllers)...there are no Platinum colored 73 keyboard midi controllers out there,except for the Korg.

I understand quite well,everyone's enthusiasm for their beloved Kronos and I am also aware of every financing option out there(Paypal credit,Affirm credit,AmericanMusicalSupply's in-store credit and Zzounds.com's credit...just to name a few)...but I am still in the process of paying off my Yamaha MOXF and my KRK Rokit 10's.
There is also the matter of my various computer DAW's on my PC,as I have Reason 9,Mixcraft 8 and Presonus S1 3 and I have about $2,000 worth of 3rd party VST's to play with.
That said,there isn't much more the Kronos can offer,that I don't already have....so although I lust after the Kronos in a big way,it is still,nonetheless....a luxury I cannot afford at the moment.

Thank you for your thoughts though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: