Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firehawk 1500 amp for Pa4x

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChordSlinger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Firehawk 1500 amp for Pa4x Reply with quote

Just a note for anyone looking for a keyboard amp. I have tried many keyboard amps over the years, and much to my surprise, the full range line 6 Firehawk 1500 when used through the monitor input blows everything else away. It was built as a full range 1500 watt guitar amp, and they aren't kidding when they say full range. Huge dispersion and super clear whether playing piano or deep bass or synth sounds. This is a big time winner for me.

The amp I liked best before this was my motion sound KP-500SN which is built for wide dispersion and spefically for keys. To my ears, the Firehawk blows it away. I have never been happy with keyboard amps. This solves the problem. It even has full range at low and high volumes.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting had a good look at the manual, what inputs are you going through? I'm guessing you are bypassing the guitar fx... so do you use the on-board EQ of firehawk with the PA4X MAXX AUDIO? Would love to know more how you use this in conjunction with the pa4x could be a good monitor live, or a small PA, and a practice amp... I'm intrigued Smile
Stilli

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
....... what inputs are you going through? .......

Quote: " ........ when used through the monitor input blows everything else away..."
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
ChordSlinger

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run it through the stereo monitor inputs. The dispersion and volume are huge with clarity and balance in the entire range. It's very clean. I adjust EQ etc. from the PA4x.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humm need to check this out.... I know this is designed round the helix modelling technology which is all about being used with a PA/ studio monitor's etc hens the full frequency range of this amp ok thanks everyone I will track one down for a demo with the PA4X....lol stilli I am not paying attention .....multitasking....I'm told the lady's are better at this... I think they are right Smile
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Firehawk 1500 amp for Pa4x Reply with quote

ChordSlinger wrote:
Just a note for anyone looking for a keyboard amp. I have tried many keyboard amps over the years, and much to my surprise, the full range line 6 Firehawk 1500 when used through the monitor input blows everything else away. It was built as a full range 1500 watt guitar amp, and they aren't kidding when they say full range. Huge dispersion and super clear whether playing piano or deep bass or synth sounds. This is a big time winner for me.

The amp I liked best before this was my motion sound KP-500SN which is built for wide dispersion and spefically for keys. To my ears, the Firehawk blows it away. I have never been happy with keyboard amps. This solves the problem. It even has full range at low and high volumes.
After this thread came up by chordslinger I can also confirm today after trying one of these out that this very interesting amp certainly rocks and with a full clean sound and a very nice wide stereo sound from a stand alone cabinet which I have to say i was very surprised even at very load volumes which was a good test of the over all quality and how good this thing is.. once i got to grips with the app to control the amp output mode things became more clear to me I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, like all thing to do with sound the EQ can make or break the final results but we got there in the end.. so I am going back next weekend for a final test armed with some mains conditioner I like to use which can have a very positive effect + they knock 80 quid off the price + I think I may have to sell a few gold fillings before next Sunday .... +1 to chordslinger for pointing this firehawk amp out... thank you from me ...just what I have been looking for Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: