Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer Model D announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spaceman3 wrote:
There are rules here against personal attacks.

Yes, I'm following this thread now.

Sharp.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Spaceman3 I reread it and you are right his very first sentence says that. I certainly don't see you comment that way, apologies!
spaceman3
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp.

Thanks Bertotti.

My response to chilly7 was harsh, and i do apologize to the forum.
My attempt to educate chilly7 was crude.
chilly7, if you are still reading this subject, i am not mad at you.
Not to get relligous, but chilly7, you speak like someone who belives in a higher power.
So i will speak to that belief.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

peace Smile
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who builds his own analogue synths, including a Minimoog Clone, I don't have a problem with Behringer's Model D. It's affordable because the components are cheap, which doesn't equate to it not sounding like a one of the latest Minimoogs. The components inside the latest MM are also just as cheap, you're paying $4000 for the build and name.

One thing that worries me, is that Moog HAVE changed the internal layout of the new MM, the panel controls are now mounted directly to PCBs, thereby eliminating the hand-wired birds nest that created much of the the VCO crosstalk which was part of the original character. The bleed from the mod wheels has also gone... I spent some time with one a few weeks back, and I'm sorry, but to my ears it just doesn't sound like a classic Minimoog - there's definitely something missing.

That's why I'm quite happy with Behringer's $400 synth - It's also ideal for hacking, which you wouldn't do to a $4000 synth Wink
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chilly7 wrote:
spaceman3 wrote:
$400?
HA HA HA!
Take that!
MOOG, DAVE SMITH, and all those other super overpriced analogue synth makers.

I am sorry admins of this site but i cannot stand such damp and evil comments.

There is no magic in this world unless there are some exceptions.

If they give you such a small price they must have compromised something.
Either on product, or on unresponsible treat to our ecology and nature or they make it in China or other poor countries where slavery is basically is legal. People there are treated worse then animals and they are treaded basically as slaves and get a very little money of their insane work.

I would by Moog or other similar companies just for a reason they tread their employers as humans.

Or they (Moog) just make money out of their brand (you just *can't* have a cheap Moog, because then everyone could own one!)
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be very simple:
- either the little thing delivers something sounding really close to the original (and the new Mini definitely does, just like the Voyager with Rudi Linhards slew rate modification)
- or it will be just some cheap mono synth

I'm always surprised, how many people think it's no big deal getting a Porsche at the price of a Ford Fiesta - maybe a little bit smaller but feeling just as fast and good.

Do people pay money for pure brand names like Porsche, BMW and Mercedes? Yes, all the time, and quite a lot just for the name. Does that mean you could easily get cheap alternatives, costing half but delivering the goods? Errrh, NO, funny enough it doesn't.

IF Behringer delivers convincing Minimoog D sound at 400 bucks, I will be among the first with a big chapeaux. If not, it will clearly be noticed and named, bet on it! Smile

At the moment, we can say nothing at all.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price now $299 Pre orders taken now. Pocket change for many?

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2017/06/28/behringer-drop-model-d-price-to-299-pre-orders-taken/
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a redonculous price. And I've never ever used that word. I recently bought an X18 digital wireless mixer and am still reeling from getting 16 preamps, 4 FX buses, 6 auxes and an 18 channel USB interface for 400 euros (ex VAT).
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
That's a redonculous price. And I've never ever used that word. I recently bought an X18 digital wireless mixer and am still reeling from getting 16 preamps, 4 FX buses, 6 auxes and an 18 channel USB interface for 400 euros (ex VAT).

"Reeling" as in rejoicing I assume?

A Model D running through that mixer's FX would sound awesome.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the same day that Moog stop production of the Model D re-issue.

I know who I would rather support.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

Yeah just flabbergasted.

I'm already supporting Moog enough with a Voyager Electric Blue with expansion and a vintage Micro. I'll probably be picking up a Behringer D at this price.
fcoulter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pre-order page appears to have disappeared.

I still want to know how much access it gives to the various signals. I know it's not a 2600, but if it has access via those plugs at the top to envelopes, etc., it might be a good starting point for a full modular system. Less than half the cost of the Lifeforms SV-1.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fcoulter wrote:
The pre-order page appears to have disappeared.

I still want to know how much access it gives to the various signals. I know it's not a 2600, but if it has access via those plugs at the top to envelopes, etc., it might be a good starting point for a full modular system. Less than half the cost of the Lifeforms SV-1.

And I'm GLAD it doesn't. As a former 2600 owner, I can tell you that the easiest way to screw up a 2600 is to use the Voltage Processors on the bottom. While getting some really good effects, they also had a tendency to burn out the modules connected to them...

And with Arp's use of sealed modules, repairs were ridiculously expensive. I think I paid for mine three times over the years I owned it.

..Joe
fcoulter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Gerardi wrote:
fcoulter wrote:

And I'm GLAD it doesn't. As a former 2600 owner, I can tell you that the easiest way to screw up a 2600 is to use the Voltage Processors on the bottom. While getting some really good effects, they also had a tendency to burn out the modules connected to them...

And with Arp's use of sealed modules, repairs were ridiculously expensive. I think I paid for mine three times over the years I owned it.

..Joe

Rumor is that Beheringer is working on a 2600 clone. One would hope that (a) they have a bit of idiot proofing on the voltage processors and (b) they don't use sealed circuitry.

I only got to work with a 2600, my father didn't own one. So I never blew one up. He did have problems with his PolyMoog, but I think everyone had problems with their PolyMoogs. But it was sure fun to play, when it worked.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Ksynth wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

Yeah just flabbergasted.

I'm already supporting Moog enough with a Voyager Electric Blue with expansion and a vintage Micro. I'll probably be picking up a Behringer D at this price.

Gratz on the XR18! I liked it so much and felt they're such an amazing and practical value that I got a 2nd one as backup. Check out the forum for some great advice and user experiences:

https://forum.music-group.com/forumdisplay.php?113-X-AIR-General-Discussion

http://behringerwiki.music-group.com/index.php?title=8._MIDI

Similar to how using a UPS with a Kronos is almost mandatory live, so is using a dedicated wifi router if you plan on using the XR18 live. It's built-in 2.4GHz router will lose connectivity anywhere there's lots of wifi devices around. Not fun to lose or have spotty ipad/android remote connectivity during a show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: