Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer Model D announced
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever Behringer's synth is being compared too, I don't really care - It's a very good sounding 3 VCO mono synth. I'll do proper comparison tests to a Minimoog as soon as I can get my hands on one.

But meanwhile, I've bought another 3 oscillator desktop analogue to keep my fingers busy for the time being - Waldorf Pulse 2 (got it cheap as the LCD needed fixing). I'd never even considered getting one before, but it sounds pretty amazing - More ARP than Moog, but that's more to my liking anyway.

I'm waiting for Behringer to announce an OFFICIAL price, it remains QUOTE "Under $400" - I still believe Sweetwater's $299 may have been a pre-order enticement. I guess we'll all find out next month.
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those pulse 2s are great synths, I have a friend that has 6 of them set up as a poly. Sounds fantastic.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Those pulse 2s are great synths, I have a friend that has 6 of them set up as a poly. Sounds fantastic.

Hi Bob,
How did he do that? They don't stack like the originals did. I started a thread regarding trying to stack a Pulse with a Pulse 2. The replies were all "the Pulse 2 doesn't have a stack mode".... I've been chasing a Mondovox to be able to stack unstackables, I missed one on the first and only run. The only other option is MIDIPal or that other one it's based on (MIDIGal?).
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has some box that takes in the poly midi from 1 lead and spits it out over 6 midi leads. I'l ask him what the box is....
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate. 6 out sounds like a Mondovox....yep the now rare as hens teeth discontinued Future Retro MIDI router/filter/processor. If only I just gabbed one when the first dropped. Oh well the hunt continues...
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

am pretty certain something standalone like that could be built using raspberry pi and/or arduino board.

Haven't gotten into programming on that platform yet, but on windows it's kinda straight forward.

Create some routing algorithm based on number of outputs.
for simple example :NOTE CH = NOTE# % OUTS
% being modulo operator.
so for a 3 synth layout , notes get evenly spread into 3 channels.
Multiple pulse 2 Units should work fine when Connected in serial Chain or star if you have an active splitter device.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been done: https://midisizer.com/midigal/
Whenever I think about getting one (constructed) I find something else I decide I want/need more. The MIDIGal only has one output, but it would work very will with my currently idle Phil Rees V3. I only want to run three synth as a stack so the V3 would do fine.

Okay I've derailed this thread too much for my own liking, so I'll try to add to the original discussion:

Using a MIDIGal, one could stack up 6 of the Behringer Model D ripoffs and make the elusive Moog poly everyone wants very cheaply compared to trying to do the same with Moog's own reissue!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if anybody has seen this yet but I think the sound is pretty close.

https://youtu.be/21lYdGO1BkE
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I think this is the original longer version of the video Jeremy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRiUSf_QFw
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
psionic311 wrote:
Here's a Model D review released today Aug 2 on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRiUSf_QFw

Just the kind of in-depth comparison I was waiting for - I still can't believe the amount of snobbery in the comments towards the Behringer. It sounds absolutely fine to me.

Just get it into the stores Smile

SynthPro knows his stuff. The clone sounds juicy.

Doesn't help my GAS... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: