Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bulk Dump of Sequencer Info

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yawnthepost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Bulk Dump of Sequencer Info Reply with quote

I've searched this forum and manuals for an answer but can't find one. Sorry if it's an obvious one, it isn't to me. I'm using Kronos with cubase 7 - I have Kronos in sequencer mode triggered by cubase - everything works well except that I can't get cubase to record or store sequencer info (ie which instruments I've assigned to which tracks) so have to laboriously reassign each instrument before recommencing. If I am using bulk dump to record seq info to cubase nothing is recorded. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yawnthepost wrote:
I've searched this forum and manuals for an answer but can't find one. Sorry if it's an obvious one

You'll find the info on pages 801/802 in the Kronos parameter Guide.....

If your sequencing from Cubase then You should really assign the various programs/sounds on Tracks inside Cubase by means of program changes in each track,that way every time you replay your song file from the start on Cubase it will call up the correct sound On Kronos,good housekeeping within your files will save a lot of frustration later on down the line if you need to replay a song months or years down the line,especially if you don't keep notes about what instruments/sounds/channels/Volumes/Midi CC Data was used in the songs,setting up all those parameters at each new project inside the song body is as important as note data itself,if you want to playback your song exact every time.

However you can setup your songs/sound choice and everything else associated with the Kronos sequencer info as a kind of template(i.e. efx routings/track assignments etc and such) in Kronos and then dump the song info so that you can replay the sysex data at the beginning of your song and it will dump the complete sequencer setup data back into Kronos so you know your songs will be replayed exact with all parameters correctly set by means of a Bulk dump back to Kronos.

You can also save the sequencer info onto the Kronos SS drive and simply reload it prior to playing your tracks from Cubase which is another way.

if you prefer to Bulk dump the sequencer Info from Kronos into Cubase then you can do this from"Global mode" on Kronos.

You need to assign the sounds on the Kronos first in the sequencer songs,then go to Global mode

You'll have a drop down menu in which you can dump the various files of sysex data to an external device,you can transfer the data either via USB cable/Midi Out

Simply arm a track on cubase to record the Sysex strings and then dump the data from Kronos,and save the file on Cubase as a kind of header track so you can replay this info as song intro before the tracks play.
yawnthepost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: sequencer dump Reply with quote

Many thanks for your reply. I had already tried the sequencer dump, just as you described, and each time I hit the dump button the Korg freezes. I've also tried the bank/program route (which I would prefer) but the bank program numbers don't refer to the voice list, and when I try and find voices by scrolling through bank/program numbers some voices are skipped over. I realise I must be doing something wrong.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your track in Cubase isn't echoing the midi back to the Kronos when you do the dump.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: