Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Killer Drummachine by Korg - Wishlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
809dao

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: A Killer Drummachine by Korg - Wishlist Reply with quote

Hello everybody, again, especially the Korg design team around Tatsuya Takahashi.
I might be wrong, but considering the success of the Volcas and the Minilogue/Monologue, I would expect an analog killer-drummachine in near future.
A Minilgue-like expanded version of the Volca beats.
As I think this might be already in planning, and can't find the e-mail adress of Tatsuya Takahashi, I thought I'll just open up a board for a wishlist, what we would love about a expanded Korg Drummachine.

- Quite obviously it should use motion record, for all the channels individually. This is Korg speciality.
- A well designed filter-section for the drumsounds. Even multistep (like LP-BP combined) in order to achieve glitchier sounds.
- Generous live playing pads. I might imagine even some kind of extra-hardware, with big, drumstick-capable pads, as well as a tap-tempo-start/stop pedal. This would make it very useful in live contexts, especially when jamming with instruments, resulting in tempo drifts.
- A well designed effects section .
- Tempotracking capability using a audio input. Something like InTime software, but built into a drummachine. This would make for a killer-feature for the grooviest drummachine so far, perfectly integrable with live percussion grooves made by groups of people, and would result in a adaptable MIDI clock, that could keep all the synthesizer gear in time with the jam.

This last feature would even do for a standalone device. I find myself quite often playing in percussion based jamsessions here in Romania, and there is always some tempo-drifting going on when larger groups of people play together. As for the moment the lack of such a MIDI-tempo-tracking device greatly reduces the possibilities of integrating bpm-based electronics into the jams.

Soundwise, the Volca beats was quite into the right direction, asides from the snare, that I really didn't enjoy. Whereas the hihats and especially the toms were really great. Just perfect for a bigger follow up.

What would you wish from a perfect Korg drummachine?

Greetings!

Bogdan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: