Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie wants to learn how to load new sounds...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Newbie wants to learn how to load new sounds... Reply with quote

Actually, a couple questions..

(1) I understand there is a program for my PC that will allow me to connect my Krome to my PC. What is the program and where can I download it?

(2) Is there any special procedure I need to know about for proper installation of the program? Any plug in to allow my PC to see my Krome?

(3) When purchasing programs such as those from Dan Stesco, do they come on a CD ROM? Or on the SD card or what?

(4) When downloading custom sounds from fellow krome users on the internet, how are they loaded into my Krome? Via PC, SD or some other way?

Thanks for your help!!!

Miamibeachdoc
• Trinity Pro
• Kurzweil PC2x
• DW-8000
• Poly-800
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. The Krome Editor / Plug-in editor can be downloaded from:

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/85/

Give the page quite a few seconds to load fully. The Krome Editor is a standalone program. The Krome Editor Plug-in is compatible with VST, AU and RTAS plug-in formats so can be used within DAW software or other host app.

2. Before connecting the Krome for the first time, install the Korg MIDI drivers, available via the download link above. The instructions for installing the Krome Editor software are contained in the downloaded file, which is an archive, and can be seen once the archive has been extracted, although Win7 and Win10 can normally "see" into an .zip file without the need to expand it first.

3. Sound packs are usually downloaded as file archives (.zip, .rar etc), and need to be extracted, copied onto SD card and installed onto the Krome from the SD card, although files could also be downloaded as individual .pcg, .sng and possibly other files. The archive is basically a "container" that keeps the relevant files together and in a compressed format. The download link given above also links to a free Korg bonus pack containing Korg M1 sounds, together with instructions on how to install it. The same principles apply to other sound packs. The procedure is fairly straightforward, and normally painless if the SD card is formatted correctly, and the instructions are followed step by step. Backup the Krome before installing any new sounds. It's also worth backing up at regular intervals, if changes are made frequently to sounds

4. As in 3. above.

miamibeachdoc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Newbie wants to learn how to load new sounds... Reply with quote

Voip

Will any SD card work or does it need to have specific specs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: