Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound with volume 0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cenica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Sound with volume 0 Reply with quote

So here I am with another question: almost by chance I noticed that if I play with sv1 volume set to 0, I still can hear, through headphones or amp plugged either in jacks or xlrs outputs, an almost inaudible sound of the notes I'm playing. By "almost inaudible" I mean that it's difficult to hear the note in the headphones unless there's complete silence in the room, or rather that I have to put my ear against the amp or pick the amp volume up to almost max in order to hear it.
The notes seem to be a little bit louder if I plug the xlrs, almost inaudible through headphones. I kind of remember something similar used to happen with my beloved P-120 (R.I.P.) when I was a kid, but I'm not sure.
It's definitely not disturbing at all, since it never occurs to me to play at volume 0... But is it normal?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not likely to be a fault with the SV-1, and will be the result either of the sliding contact on the resistance track in the volume control not reaching 0 ohms on the track, or through crosstalk between internal cabling and/or PCB tracks.

If the sound is only audible in a completely quiet room, then it must be at an extremely low level, since the dynamic range of human hearing perception is very large.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: