Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Pad Madness / MIDI loss - is my O88 possessed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallingman

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Random Pad Madness / MIDI loss - is my O88 possessed? Reply with quote

Hi

Bit of a longshot this, but wondering if anyone's come across it?

My O88 has become pretty much useless for recording, as after about 10-15 minutes from power up, when everything works fine, including the pads, there is suddenly a flurry of random notes as if the pads are being played, but then the pads stop working, MIDI stops sending / receiving, and although the O is playable, every so often there will be random flurries of notes as if the pads are being played, even though they've stopped working!

I've checked all connections, including disconnecting MIDI cables, even updated OS to latest version, checked all settings, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm thinking something physical is loose beneath the pads, and that this is overloading the MIDI process as there seems to be constant MIDI activity of a non-note variety from power on, which I've yet to prove with a MIDI monitor.

Any thoughts would be most welcome as my O is unusable in this condition...

Studio Gear: Korg OASYS 88 #001907 ~ Korg Triton Extreme 61 ~ Studiologic Sledge 2.5 ~ REASON 11 ~ Arturia V Collection 8 ~ Logic Pro X ~ iPhone 13 Pro Max ~ iPad Air 2
jbeliz

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Oasys has midi issues i have tried 2 different Oasys connecting midi like my ipad and seems to work but after a few keys are pressed seems to go haywire random notes being played so i have not had any luck connecting midi thru my tablet but it works perfectly connecting another keyboard as a controller thru midi.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Random Pad Madness / MIDI loss - is my O88 possessed? Reply with quote

fallingman wrote:
I'm thinking something physical is loose beneath the pads, and that this is overloading the MIDI process as there seems to be constant MIDI activity of a non-note variety from power on, which I've yet to prove with a MIDI monitor.

Just so you know: the OASYS sends MIDI clock constantly when in Internal MIDI Sync Mode, and that is perfectly normal, so a MIDI activity LED for example will blink pretty much constantly even though nothing is going on. Not that it has anything to do with your problem, but don't worry about MIDI clock.

jbeliz

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen is there a setting that you can adjust in global that will fix this issue. I just recently connected a wireless midi bluetooth adapter and that worked perfectly did not have the problem i had previously. Only when i connected my tablet with the midi to usb adapter cables is when i have those issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: