Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

240 to 120 step-down converter for the M1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tenohtwo

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: 240 to 120 step-down converter for the M1 Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I just received an M1 from the UK, and it has the 240 V power cord. Can anyone here recommend a good step-down voltage converter for my new toy? There's a range of brands and prices and Amazon, so I'm unsure what's reliable, aside from trusting customer reviews. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Price range is anything below $100.

Cheers,
T3owner

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 240 to 120 step-down converter for the M1 Reply with quote

tenohtwo wrote:
I just received an M1 from the UK, and it has the 240 V power cord. Can anyone here recommend a good step-down voltage converter for my new toy? There's a range of brands and prices and Amazon, so I'm unsure what's reliable, aside from trusting customer reviews. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Price range is anything below $100.

If the M1 is one designed to run on 220/240v (having the KLM-1269 power supply), then you need to STEP UP the US supply voltage from 120v to 240 volts if you're in Phoenix, Arizona.

Specified power requirement for the M1 is 11 watts. If you get a step-up transformer with a rating about double that, it should do the job and not be taxed. A 100 watt unit is more than necessary, but should be readily available and well under $100US.
tenohtwo

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks so much for the reply. I figured I was confusing 'step-down' with 'step-up'. I think I can find what I need from here. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: