Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick Swap Axis?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
funksteel

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Joystick Swap Axis? Reply with quote

I love this keyboard. Bought it as soon as I saw the NAMM video. It is the best synth I've owned since my OBXA (which I bought new for an ungodly relative price).

On the king korg I want to transpose the joystick so that vert down is pitchbend up, vert up is down, and then, bend right is add modulation.

I figure that is highly doable. Frankly, I'd rather have my paddles from the OBXA but at least I've got the sounds!

I keep trying but no success so far. Anybody get there?

Tom Oberheim had it right... I've been adjusting for that for years (I've got a bunch of keyboards...) but I'd like to get this one set up correctly for once.

THANKS! New to the forum.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

As such it is not possible to redefine the joystick functionality as a global setting.

But there is a way out, but it comes at a price... of 3 virtual patches. (refer to the parameter guide)
* set the bendrange to 0 semitone - this disables the default X-axis bend behaviour (parameter S09)
* set the LFO2&JS+Y to 0 - this disables the default y-up behaviour to add vibrato (parameter S08)
* setup virtual patch 1 - src = pitchbend, dst = parameter you want to modulate, int = tweak it to your taste
* setup virtual patch 2 - src = js+y, dst = pitch, int = tweak it to your taste with a negative value
* setup virtual patch 3 - src = js-y, dst = pitch, int = tweak it to your taste with a positve value

So it reduces the number of virtual patches by 3, you need to set ip up again and again for each program, and the intensity for js+y and js-y may not exactly hit a semitone at full scale and the reach in number of semitones may be limited as well.

So, what I describe is rather a workaround and worth to give it a try for some programs I would say...

Have fun.
funksteel

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the direction on the virtual patches. I knew there had to be a way. I'll mess around with it and see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: