Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for etheral choir pad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:42 am    Post subject: Looking for etheral choir pad Reply with quote

I really love a good choir pad. I've managed to find one setting walk though online and it's not bad but I'd love some more if anyone has any patch settings available?

Im only new to synths in general (been a professional Guitarist for a long time now but I really love synth sounds and have always wanted to play) will have a play around with the setting I do have abd see if I can discover anything else

Cheers
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing around with the choir pad I already have and havent been successful in making it any better so not sure the Microkorg has the ability to do a great angelic voice
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmh, probably not no.

The mK is a virtual analog modeling synth, meaning not based on samples (except if you choose DWGS for Osc1 - but the samples are rather limited and fixed), but rather using sines, saws and so on.
That makes it hard to mimic the sound of angels with this beast...

Have fun
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mate. I'm only new to keys and synthesis and really enjoying it! Ive always found synths to give a touch of magic to anything so it's great to finally be playing one

I was recommended the MK by a few other players on a keyboard forum for vocal sounds but seems it may not be the perfect fit. I am really loving it though and find that patch #A58 'tape choir' is a pretty good one

I've been playing around in cover bands as a guitar player for a good 15 years now but left the scene a year ago out of boredom. Recently went and bought a bunch of new inspirational gear and a recorder and am finding that the synth gives me so many ideas, it's just a joy. I take it to bed with me and just moodle for hours while my poor Wife watches TV. Ill grow out of that part soon, hopefully
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they refer to the vocoder?

Explore also the vox waveform of Osc1.
SomeSynthguy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the vocoder patches arent as good as the standard voice presets. I've managed to do pretty good though, with reverb I'd say it should record as good as anything (short of a mellotron choir)

Have found that the voc and digital osc-1 are best. Digi probably even moreso than the vox osc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: